Don't eat the steamed buns in China!

dude will probably be executed soon. china's been cracking down

Well, at least the caustic soda will kill any bacteria...wait a minute! Caustic soda?!?!
Isn't this the country that sent us the pet food supplement containing melamine (ground up countertops high in soluble nitrogen; a protein analysis sleight-of-hand)?

I read that a health food store is starting to stamp their food China Free. (can't remember the name of it - likely in CA)

I read that a health food store is starting to stamp their food China Free. (can't remember the name of it - likely in CA)

And how do they know? When the supplements have 100 ingredients in them how do they know there isn't a wheat gluten of Chinese origin?

FAKE!

Beijing police have detained a television reporter for allegedly fabricating an investigative story about steamed buns stuffed with cardboard at a time when China's food safety is under intense international scrutiny.
art.cardboardfood.jpg
A city-wide inspection of steamed bun vendors found no "cardboard buns," the China Daily said.

corner_wire_BL.gif

A report directed by Beijing TV and played on state-run national broadcaster China Central Television last Thursday said an unlicensed snack vendor in eastern Beijing was selling steamed dumplings stuffed with cardboard soaked in caustic soda and seasoned with pork flavoring.
Beijing authorities said investigations had found that an employee surnamed Zi had fabricated the report to garner "higher audience ratings", the China Daily said on Thursday.
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/07/18/china.health.fake.reut/index.html

ok, so China's newspapers say it is fake. no way am I eating street food anywhere but US and maybe Europe! blah.

ok, so China's newspapers say it is fake. no way am I eating street food anywhere but US and maybe Europe! blah.
Singapore is ok.

Knowing what I know about Chinese government and media, my guess is the story was right. This is the cover up by the government to help out someone's brother-in-law who is in the steamed bun business.

Singapore is ok.

Knowing what I know about Chinese government and media, my guess is the story was right. This is the cover up by the government to help out someone's brother-in-law who is in the steamed bun business.

It also proves why there can't be a free press. They're liable to say anything and cause all kinds of trouble,

If I'm somewhere I can't breathe the air without a mask, I probably won't eat food off the street either, no matter what they say it really is. That includes Newark :p

Back