Does this sound like anyone we know?

One of the Onion writers just HAS to be a pilot!

A few give-aways that it wasn't a pilot (like runway F). I'd say either romantically involved with a pilot, or more likely used to be romantically involved with a pilot. :)

Chris

A few give-aways that it wasn't a pilot (like runway F). I'd say either romantically involved with a pilot, or more likely used to be romantically involved with a pilot. :)

Chris

Maybe that was the point of the joke--that he wouldn't wait in queue for everyone, so hopped out onto a taxiway (F), and took off from there. You gotta admit, makes sense within the story. :D

OpinionJournal.com often has a link to an article and titles it, "Life Imitates The Onion."

While you may know a few pilots like this but have not seen an article on them... give it time!

Kind of reminds me of my grandpa... He didn't really know what a medical was and refused to get a BFR. He would go as far as to say how the FAA did not have authority to regulate his farm equipment (Stearman).

Maybe that was the point of the joke--that he wouldn't wait in queue for everyone, so hopped out onto a taxiway (F), and took off from there. You gotta admit, makes sense within the story. :D

That was my take on the "runway F" statement. I think it was a pilot.

Also "bust me down to Navigator." Have they had any navigators at airlines since 1949?

Kind of reminds me of my grandpa... He didn't really know what a medical was and refused to get a BFR. He would go as far as to say how the FAA did not have authority to regulate his farm equipment (Stearman).

I know several more people with that exact attitude. Most of them don't worry me, a couple of them scare me though.

Back