Does it matter where to Renew Medical?

U

Unregistered

I forgot that I was due and this is my first renewal since obtaining my private 5 years (+ sometime) ago. I haven’t flown as PIC since expiration, but I want to fly soon, so I’d better get this taken care of. I had hoped that the AME that did my Student Medical would be able to make the process faster, considering that he should have my file from 5 years ago.

I called to try to get seen quickly. He’s on vacation for a couple weeks. I called again today, after waiting several weeks and unable to get an answer to my phone calls.

I don’t have any new issues except a recent surgery for an appendectomy and I prefer to not have my medical information spread over multiple locations. This previously wasn’t a concern for me, but since becoming a pilot I reasoned that it would be a convenience for me in consolidating my medical files.

I can wait for my previous AME. The questions are: Should I? Does it matter? What does everyone else here do? Shop AMEs or pick one and stick?

It doesn't really matter as all of the data eventually ends up at FAA's CAMI in OKC. Get to know medExpress; it's new since the last time you did you exam so it is all online.

It doesn't really matter as all of the data eventually ends up at FAA's CAMI in OKC. Get to know medExpress; it's new since the last time you did you exam so it is all online.

:yeahthat: Your info lives in OKC, so it's not really being spread around anywhere. I've probably only seen the same AME more than once in a couple of instances.

The AME search function of the FAA site is horrible. Some AMEs show or not depending upon the query. My old AME is not in most of the query results, but he's in the database as I got there through Google. Then querying by state I found an AME much closer to home.

The online MedXpress TOS and agreement must have been written by the FAA Chief Counsel lawyers, one could drive a truck through the holes in ambiguity - and 'we can change our mind and you have no rights other than refusing to use the system'.

But I digress....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back