Does anyone know if there is a good Garmin 430 simulator for Mac?

Marcelo

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Marcelo1969
The airplane I was training on needs a new engine and now, with my IFR check ride getting closer, I need to switch to a new plane.

The problem is that this one has a Garmin 430 on it. I have some experience with it but would like to practice a little more on my computer.

I looked everywhere for a simulator of a 430 for Mac but can't seem to find one. Does anyone know if there is one at all? Even if I have to purchase it, the cost would be probably less than spending 10-15 hours on the plane mastering it.

You could buy a copy of windows and dual boot your mac.

Opensource VM and install the windows software :dunno:

Thats what I figured. I was hoping there was a better alternative to making my Mac pretend its a PC...

Your Mac isn't pretending it's a PC. It is a PC (personal computer). The hardware is identical to every other "Windows" machine out there.

As much as people want to feel special (on all sides of the OS debate) there are way more similarities between operating systems than differences and it really boils down to a small number of items under the category of personal preference.

If you want to maintain the "Mac experience" then spend even more money and get Parallels for your mac and run it in a window under IOS.

As much as people want to feel special (on all sides of the OS debate) there are way more similarities between operating systems than differences and it really boils down to a small number of items under the category of personal preference.

Well, there's a huge difference between PE and Mach-O for one huge dissimilarity... That's a technical difference, nowhere near the personal preferences category.

I run it on Wine in Linux Mint and it does fine. I'd echo the advice to try a VM solution.

You could buy a copy of windows and dual boot your mac.

The Garmin simulator requires Windows XP. Apple has not supported dual booting XP for a long time. Virtual machine (e.g. Virtualbox) with Windows XP is the only practical option.

Or OP could borrow/buy an Windows XP machine.

Last edited:
The Garmin simulator requires Windows XP. Apple has not supported dual booting XP for a long time. Virtual machine (e.g. Virtualbox) with Windows XP is the only practical option.

I'm running XP under Parallels with no problems.

I run the sim on my Windows 7 machine no problem. YMMV.

I use virtualbox. Took minutes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back