Does an ASR or PAR count...

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
...towards 61.57(c)?

Or is a RADAR approach not considered an instrument approach?

...towards 61.57(c)?

Or is a RADAR approach not considered an instrument approach?

I think so...but I don't think they count as intercepting and tracking as you're just on vectors the whole time, but I could well be wrong.

I think so...but I don't think they count as intercepting and tracking as you're just on vectors the whole time, but I could well be wrong.

I would operate under the assumption that I would have 5 other approaches to meet currency with at least one of those involving a track, intercept, and or hold.

I would operate under the assumption that I would have 5 other approaches to meet currency with at least one of those involving a track, intercept, and or hold.

Tough to fly an ILS, LOC, NDB, VOR or RNAV without intercepting and tracking a course!

But PAR and ASRs are published procedures, so they are available for the 6in6 part of your currency.

Jeff's right -- they count for the six approaches, but not for the interception/tracking task, so unless you specifically log interception and tracking, you'll need at least one navaid-based approach (i.e., one based on following needles rather than voice commands) to fill that square.

Back