Documenting my helo training

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
With a little over 6 hours of helicopter time I decide to embarrass myself publicly by posting a few videos on Youtube of my adventures.

The training is so fun and a lot of work, but good hard work! It is nice to be challenged.

If anyone is so board that they want to watch a few here are the links:

Nothing embarrassing about that. Good job. At 6 hrs I could barely hover in the same state. :)

That's OK. I'm at roughly 6 hours and you have not seen my pirouettes around a point - especially inverted. Ugly man, ugly :D (splat)

Luckily the sim does not seem to care :goofy:

OK, that fun aside, you are doing just great. My buddy who is a many thousands of hours rotor head jock (owns an R-22) says at ten hours he was so discouraged he quit. Only because he was 5 states away from home and had paid up front, and for two CFI's cornering him and talking a blue streak for a half an hour, did he keep going. Says he would have missed the best part of his life had he quit.

Keep going and have fun.

Nothing embarrassing about that. Good job. At 6 hrs I could barely hover in the same state. :)
Thanks

At first I could not hover to save my life, literally! But at around 4 hours it started click. As you can see in the videos quarter tail winds and left crosswinds can still mess me up a little, I am still getting better and faster than I thought. We are working on the approaches and more hover practice. Straight and level flights, turns, etc. are all easy. Since I already have CP-ASEL radio work, airspace, rules, etc. are something we do not cover much. The weirdest thing is for me to be doing the right traffic to avoid fixed wing traffic. I commute to my helo lessons in my plane. I have to quickly convert from fixed wing thinking to helo thinking.

You're doing great! Guys I went through Army flight school in the Bell 206 couldn't do this in 15 hours. Keep it up! Stay on those pedals.

I don't fly helos myself but I really liked how you documented them. I can see these becoming pretty popular instructions pieces in the future for aspiring rotorwing pilots! Keep up the good work

Hey, you're able to keep it in the same state.

Back