Doc visit reporting/surgery

JB1842

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Josh
I had my knee scoped right after Christmas, now fully recovered. Do I need to list all the doc visits on my 3rd class application? I saw my ortho doc for a consult, my primary doc for pre-surgery physical, the surgery itself, and 2 follow up visits after surgery. Can a simple statement explaining knee surgery and full recovery with the ortho doc be enough to satisfy the reporting requirement?

I think you're best off documenting all the doctors involved, though you may put down "multiple visits for XXXX" for each doctor.

What you don't want is some future crosscheck of what you put on the form and what the insurance or other databases show, where they find a discrepancy that makes them think you're being untruthful.

Last edited:
I had my knee scoped right after Christmas, now fully recovered. Do I need to list all the doc visits on my 3rd class application? I saw my ortho doc for a consult, my primary doc for pre-surgery physical, the surgery itself, and 2 follow up visits after surgery. Can a simple statement explaining knee surgery and full recovery with the ortho doc be enough to satisfy the reporting requirement?
I had this same thing done about three years ago, I never saw my Primary care first, I knew I had bigger issues so I just called a knee Dr and went to see him. Total of three visits with him and a letter from him for the FAA saying what he did and that I was fully recovered. No issues from the flight surgeon when I gave him the letter.

Mike

I had my knee scoped right after Christmas, now fully recovered. Do I need to list all the doc visits on my 3rd class application?
The instructions say "Multiple visits to one health professional for the same condition may be aggregated on one line."

I saw my ortho doc for a consult, my primary doc for pre-surgery physical, the surgery itself, and 2 follow up visits after surgery. Can a simple statement explaining knee surgery and full recovery with the ortho doc be enough to satisfy the reporting requirement?
That's not how the instructions read. You'll need one line for each doc on that knee issue, although you can aggregate all the visits to that doc about that knee issue on that line.

Thanks everybody. So I'm going to list the ortho once and notate multiple visits, list my primary for the physical, and list the hospital admittance for the srugery. Does anybody know if a workmen's comp claim on this will have any affect? Will that require more paperwork submission?

Thanks everybody. So I'm going to list the ortho once and notate multiple visits, list my primary for the physical, and list the hospital admittance for the srugery. Does anybody know if a workmen's comp claim on this will have any affect? Will that require more paperwork submission?
I see nothing in the instructions about reporting workman's comp claims as long as they don't involve "disability."

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back