do you get The Outdoor Channel on your cable box?

H

hawknips

Hey all,

I noticed that Sleeping Dog Productions http://www.sleepingdogtv.com/ has some great aviation shows in production. Most of these shows will be on the Outdoor Channel. Well I don't get the Outdoor Channel. I am betting that many of you, that may have Comcast, don't get it either. So I thought I would see if anyone wants to help out and start calling in to Comcast to request they start carrying the Outdoor Channel. It only takes a few minutes and we might get the channel if we all start calling in.

So if you would like to help call Comcast, if you are a user, at 1-800-comcast (1-800-266-2278) Once you are talking to someone requested the channel. As it turns out they have to take your request and will have to give you a reference number, and they say they will get back to you in a week or so.

I figure if all of us Comcast users that don't get this Channel request it then they have to add it, right? And if they don't it just proves that Comcast doesn't give a rat's ass about it's customers. But what the hell it may be worth a try. Who is with me? Lets storm this corporate castle....

Viva la Revolucion!

-Will

I already get the Outdoor Channel on Direct TV. It would seem to me that you can start a letter writing campaign or do what I did when Dish dropped OLN, leave them. I called them up and told them why I was leaving and it was that they had dropped OLN, they countered with a lower rate per month but I asked them why I would stay for less when they are not providing the service I wanted. I switched to Direct and have been happy. Dish had more than a few people leave that summer for the loss of OLN. There where enough irate bike race fans that wanted their OLN to watch the European bike race season and OLN was the only channel that carried it in the US. Dish then started paying for OLN again but I have not come back.

I'll have to check to see if we get it on our ComCrap connection at home.

I just noticed this winter that we now get the Outdoor Channel on DirecTV. In the past, we've only had VS, but no Outdoor Channel. I'm not sure when the switch occurred, but we have it now!

Hey all,

I noticed that Sleeping Dog Productions http://www.sleepingdogtv.com/ has some great aviation shows in production. Most of these shows will be on the Outdoor Channel. ..

I figure if all of us Comcast users that don't get this Channel request it then they have to add it, right? And if they don't it just proves that Comcast doesn't give a rat's ass about it's customers. But what the hell it may be worth a try. Who is with me? Lets storm this corporate castle....

Dish had customers CANCEL when they dropped ODTV. They later negotiated a deal and added it and the customers got calls, but guess what, they were committed to another provider.

I could only get one of those Outdoors (the one Tom was on) on DirecTV by signing up for a sports package, which I had no interest in.

I think the basic channels are getting greedy with rates and "must carry all of our crap" rules so the providers have to figure a fine line as to which channels they afford to add even with the rate increases. Not that the providers aren't getting greedy, too, but they're beginning to see some competition. Some MBAs can earn their pay in figuring out the cost/benefit.

The ongoing dispute has caused many Comcast subscribers to shift to satellite carriers that air the BTN. Apparently, though, the impact isn't enough to compel the cable carrier to do a deal. And if Comcast hasn't done it by now, how can you be optimistic it will happen by the end of the basketball season, which is coming soon?
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/cs-080207-sherman-big-ten-network,1,6931038.column

Ernestine's new job: "We're the cable company. WE DON'T CARE!"

Check out Albuquerque's must carry line up some day. About 10 spanish language channels, 3 church channels, public access, government access, and a few others, and the basic basic basic cable (the one that costs $10 a month) is pretty much worthless nowadays.

Unless you like watching sexy women that don't speak English stay fully clothed. :D

Check out Albuquerque's must carry line up some day. ...

What I mean is the producers making the providers take everything and make it free.

Disney says, "You want ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN Classic... then you have to take "Left-handed Disney Kids from the 1950's channel." And they all have to be part of basic. And you have to pay us $0.25 /month for each, except it's 0.50 for the ESPNs.

Then they raise the price for basic service and screams and get called names and anti-poor.

I've been with Dish Network for nine years. When I finally got a HD tv last year I checked rates. Comcast was far higher than Dish and Directv. Why would anyone choose cable over satellite? BTW Directv has better rates than Dish Network.

SO here is my big problem with Dish or Direct TV. I live in a forest, like a state protected forest. I have no southerly exposure and that means no satellite system will work here. Being that it is state protected I can't cut down or mount a dish in the Redwoods that suround my house. So Comcast, or as I like to call it Con-cast, has a strong hold on us tree lovers here. I even thought about moving to get out from under Con-cast's grip, but I do love where I live. Oh well I guess I will just live with it or with out it in this case. But I will continue to write letters and the like. So keep calling if you are in the same situation I am in.

Thanks all.
-Will

I've been with Dish Network for nine years. When I finally got a HD tv last year I checked rates. Comcast was far higher than Dish and Directv. Why would anyone choose cable over satellite? BTW Directv has better rates than Dish Network.

Because Comcast sends you a mailing about 3 times a week? I suppose people sign up to stop the harassment, but I bet that doesn't work. They're way too dumb to purge the mailing list of current subscribers.

I picked up the current Consumer Reports which has reviews on TVs and TV services. Guess which one has the lowest mark for customer support? Oh. That was too easy, wasn't it?

The main reason folks will pick Comcast, is that in most markets, Comcast has like 3x the amount of HD channels than any other Satellite provider. Here in Albuquerque, its quite noticeable.

The main reason folks will pick Comcast, is that in most markets, Comcast has like 3x the amount of HD channels than any other Satellite provider. Here in Albuquerque, its quite noticeable.

Not no more. DirecTV already has more HD channels, provided you get the current equipment and the 5 sat dish.

I can only get about 12 HD channels because I have no place to mount the big dish and refused to give up TiVo for a Rupert box. Regardless, I canceled HD service because they raised the rates as if I had access to all of the channels. Those 12 channels would cost me an extra almost $30 a month.

The Consumer Reports says that all services (maybe not Dish) should have an equal 100 or so HD channels by year end 2009.

I think that it will be a short time before HD won't even be a big deal. It'll just be the TV that's expected. Charging extra for HD would be like charging extra for color. All of the TV services are still going have to scramble to get the infrastructures in place to support that.

Back