Do you get a letter from the FAA saying your medical is suspended or revoked?

U

Unregistered

I received a letter from FAA Aerospace Medicine asking for some tests to be done within 30 days. I contacted them and told them I would arrange the exams, and for them to please send the records they wanted the exams based on.

When I got to the doc, no records had been sent. Because I know beurocrats, I told the doc "thanks but no thanks" on the exam and went home. I contact medicine and inquired why records hadn't been sent and heard nothing back. This was months ago.

Do I have a medical? I never received anything saying I don't, just the original request for info with the typical "failure to supply requested information in 30 days" language, but we were still talking well after the 60 day mark and I still never supplied anything or was told my medical was suspended.

If it makes a difference, most of the communication was in email. I have emails from the FAA docs saying records will be sent (they weren't) and an email form me asking why they weren't.

If the FAA suspends or revokes your medical, they will send a registered or certified letter to the mailing address they have on file for you telling you of that, and ordering you to surrender the certificate within a certain number of days (something like 14-30) of the delivery of the letter (or the notice from the post office telling you they have a letter for you to pick up). This will not be an email, and it will not be a phone call.

In order to avoid this from happening, I suggest you contact FAA Aeromedical at once to discuss the situation further. You do not want to have to check the "yes" box on the question about whether your medical has ever been suspended or revoked for the rest of your flying life.

Believe it or not it was a case of mistaken identity. I repeatedly told them the records were inaccurate, and I guess someone listened because they never sent them to the doc. They just kind of ignored their error.

Good to hear I would have received something if my medical was revoked/suspended.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back