Do you ever wake up from your aviation dream?

N918KT

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
KT
Like most pilots, they fall in love with flying at a certain point for the first time they get introduced to aviation. And they devote all their time and money to this hobby or career. But do you ever wake up from that dream and think to yourself, "What the heck am I doing?" or "How did I ever get here?"

Basically, I am wondering if pilots ever wake up and reflect or try to find how they got to where they are in their lives, and if they wondered if life would be different if they never had fallen in love with aviation?

Like for me, I know I fell in love with aviation during high school, and then I decided to devote all my life to it, both as a hobby, and as a career (non-flying aviation career that is). Then I woke up and reflect how I got here, and how my life would be different, if I never had any exposure to aviation. If I never got interested in aviation, I see myself going to business school and eventually running my own restaurant or coffee/tea house.

Like most pilots, they fall in love with flying at a certain point for the first time they get introduced to aviation. And they devote all their time and money to this hobby or career. But do you ever wake up from that dream and think to yourself, "What the heck am I doing?" or "How did I ever get here?"

63 years old, been flying 36 years. Still in love with flying. No regrets. It's been a blessed life.

I've had a few aviation dreams that I'm VERY glad I woke up from.

I really didn't want to be in a plane with zombies and no parachute.

Back