Display name went poof

fgcason

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Frank Cason
Maybe I did this to myself:

In edit profile I inadvertently deleted my display name and pushed save. It gave me grief then I put it back. Now all my posts are listed as fgcason instead of Frank Cason like it use to be. (this applies to new posts as well as older ones from way back)
Also the little arrow pointing to the right on threads I posted in is gone.
I even cleared cache and everything thing else and the problem still persists.

Did I blow myself up or is there something buggered with the software that won't let the display name be put back?

Edit: Even on new posts (like this one) it still list entries as fgcason with no little arrow.

Last edited:
Nope, I had to revert a bunch of templates today and this was one of the results.

Working them back in as time allows.

Greebo said:
Nope, I had to revert a bunch of templates today and this was one of the results.

Working them back in as time allows.

Ok. Thanks. I can patiently wait for trivia stuff to be fixed. I just thought I blew something up.

Well if it makes you happier, I can blame it on you? ;)

Greebo said:
Well if it makes you happier, I can blame it on you? ;)

It's never the SYSOP's fault. If the users knew what they were doing, it wouldn't have broke in the first place. :dunno:

Its SOO good to have a user who really understands! ;-)

I've been on both ends of that burning dynamite stick so I know where you're coming from. There's not enough money in the entire Universe to make me do that again.

Not only is display name back, but so is the "In reply to" link.

Horizontal and Vertical templates confirmed.

Back