Didn't Disclose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, but he should probably also contact an aviation lawyer. I don't know who would be the Bruce of lawyers, but I'm sure there are some.

Probably good advice as well, although, if don't know any aviation attorneys. If the OP is a member of AOPA, he could purchase their package and discuss with a lawyer I guess.

I make so little money as it is, i cannot afford to self ground and stop working. Some people have trouble understanding this...this is my lively hood. Im 25 and have a 2yr old and wife to support with my little over 12$/hr wage. How do you expect me to just self ground?
So, what are you going to do if you go get the testing under the assumption that you don't have ADD and it turns out that the tests say that you do have ADD? What then? What's your backup plan?

I'm sure those pilots who went to jail over lying on their 8500-8's but were caught by comparison with SSA filings wish that were true.

As I said, if you're going to take such advice, make sure the advisor indemnifies you for the consequences.

If this is the investigation I think you're referring to, they went to jail, in a very few cases for other than lying on the 8500-8. Pretty sure a careful examination of the case charging docs would reveal something like lying to investigators(M Stewert), forgery, fraud, etc but not for lying on their med.

If it's different, you would usually provide case data.

So, to push forward to this specific case, if one were investigated about their 8500-8 form the only suitable answer would be; 'my atty will get back to you on that, have a nice day'.

I think this thread needs to end. The OP has heard it from all sides and will do what he will do. It's obvious there are different points if view here.

I hope I never fly in an airliner with this guy. Odin only knows what rules he'll break for a paycheck. If you need money that bad stop flying for a bit and work for Taco Bell, the pay is about the same.

Everyskyward posted this in another "Medical Topics" thread a while back:

"Folks, posting as "unregistered" is a feature we provide in Medical Topics and Lessons Learned for people who have problems which they wish to keep confidential. It is not meant for other people to hide behind when making comments."

If you're going to share the airspace with me, I bloody well do expect you to fly by the rules, especially if you're being paid to do it. Just where would you draw the line regarding regulatory compliance? Would you fly a trip with insufficient crew rest just because you need the money? How about busting mins for the same reason? Carrying one more passenger "off the manifest" in order to make an extra buck (I know one former 135 pilot who burned one passenger horribly, and almost died himself doing that)? Maybe flying into known icing conditions hoping you won't ice up your non-FIKI airplane?

If you're going to fly for hire, there are a couple of words you should look up in the dictionary: "integrity" and "professionalism". Either you have them, or you don't, and if you don't, please stay on the ground so you don't kill someone.

Oh come on Ron, give the guy credit for questioning this in the first place. He is trying to work it out. You act like he is on the verge of disaster when in all probability he never had the disqualifying condition in the first place, maybe someone should check on your mental stability after a post like this.

Ground yourself and get to a doctor quick, after all the OP hasn't had a problem in over 9 years. Your outburst is only hours old.

Oh come on Ron, give the guy credit for questioning this in the first place. He is trying to work it out...

Actually it sounds like he is shopping for an answer he wants to hear.

Take care of it now and it will not be an issue. Ignore it/hide it and eventually the bam hammer will come down hard on you. It is not the error that gets punished. It is the lie to hide the error.

Jim

I make so little money as it is, i cannot afford to self ground and stop working. Some people have trouble understanding this...this is my lively hood. Im 25 and have a 2yr old and wife to support with my little over 12$/hr wage. How do you expect me to just self ground?

Wow..... 12 bucks an hour with a wife and kid.....:mad2:...

I hope you plan your flights better then your life...:rolleyes:..

Ps...To the mods....

How does an "unregistered guest" get to post..:dunno:

Wow..... 12 bucks an hour with a wife and kid.....:mad2:...

I hope you plan your flights better then your life...:rolleyes:..

Ps...To the mods....

From the forum group description:
Confidential Subjects Forums in this category may be posted to anonymously to prevent identification of a poster. To post anonymously you must clickPost Anonymously? when submitting your post. You may also log out and post as an unregistered guest.

This is the "Medical Topics" forum, where people can post without logging in so they don't have to worry about making their situation public in order to get good advice. However, per the PoA RoC, people are not supposed to use that feature in order to do things which would otherwise be prohibited. Those doing so should remember that nobody is truly anonymous to the PoA MC, which has in the past acted to sanction those hiding behind that feature to act in an uncivil manner.

Everyskyward posted this in another "Medical Topics" thread a while back:

"Folks, posting as "unregistered" is a feature we provide in Medical Topics and Lessons Learned for people who have problems which they wish to keep confidential. It is not meant for other people to hide behind when making comments."
Correct. Also, in the future, it would be helpful if people did not take it upon themselves to argue with the unregistered poster who is abusing the feature. Ignore them and hit the bad post button (triangle bordered in red).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back