Did you receive an affidavit?

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
http://www.aopa.org/whatsnew/newsitems/2007/070124sweeps.html

AOPA says the potential winner list for the Six was pulled last week, and that right now they are verifying that those people on the list meet the sweepstakes eligibility requirements. They say in the article:

As of today, we're working to verify their eligibility. We do that by asking them to fill out an affidavit that verifies that they qualify to be a winner. Once those forms are returned and we have a confirmed winner, we begin the process of how to make that giveaway a fun and exciting experience. Not that winning a one-of-kind Cherokee Six needs any help!

I guess that doesn't make sense to me. If they send the winners an affidavit to sign and return, how is it that they "surprise" the person with the plane, as they've done before in a highly orchestrated "I had no idea!" event?

Bigger question though, is: DID ANY OF YOU RECEIVE AN AFFIDAVIT!? I DIDN'T, DAMN IT!

Nope - but that's because I am the winner of next years Cardinal :)

I got a certified mail from Maryland, haven't picked it up from the post office yet, could that be what it is?

I got a certified mail from Maryland, haven't picked it up from the post office yet, could that be what it is?

liar_liar.jpg

Me, too! I was about to mention that.

I usually dodge those because they only come from bill collectors and the IRS.

Chip---

is that actually the pant which is on fire, or is it... ummm.. something else entirely?

And yes, of course, I am... utilizing literary license.

Of course I did!!!! But the post office delivered it to someone else.;)

How does one make an affidavit? I will sent one promptly on Monday.

I hate to point out the typo to such a nice guy (except for all that braggin about the CJ flights), but it's "after David"; not affi david--ain't you got no learning :p

Best,

Dave

I may received an after David but I threw it out unopened with all the other AOPA mailings I get every week. I did notice there was a different looking letter in the mail.

I'll never win it. Part of the requirements is that you be well to do
and already have a nice airplane. Normal people won't be chosen.

Back