Did you know yesterday was siblings day?

Will Kumley

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Will
I had no idea, but I had planned to take the family up for a late lunch flight. My wife told me to go without her so she could get dinner ready and she figured the kids would enjoy it better without being so crammed in the plane. Weather was beautiful and hopefully they look back on this time as a good time together. IMG_4097.jpg

Yeah, I saw a few friends on social media making some posts about it last night. Added my contribution to my Instagram, so I suppose I’ll post it here too. :)

Sister and I up for an evening joyride a few weeks back.

34BB6D11-A0D2-4A92-B9DF-002D6A11722A.jpeg

I really miss my big sis. She passed away 11 years ago at age 47 from colon cancer.

She was my first passenger after I got my certificate in 2006, and although she never got to see or ride in the RV-9A, she's always with me in the right seat.

IMG_4250.jpg

I really miss my big sis. She passed away 11 years ago at age 47 from colon cancer.

She was my first passenger after I got my certificate in 2006, and although she never got to see or ride in the RV-9A, she's always with me in the right seat.

View attachment 84621
Sorry to hear about your Sister. I lost my older brother to colon cancer as well a few years ago. He was diagnosed with stage 4 at 41 and given 3-6 months to live. He fought like hell and it finally took him 3 years later. Never got a chance to fly with him but the memories I have with him are all great.

Sorry to hear about your Sister. I lost my older brother to colon cancer as well a few years ago. He was diagnosed with stage 4 at 41 and given 3-6 months to live. He fought like hell and it finally took him 3 years later. Never got a chance to fly with him but the memories I have with him are all great.

I'm sorry for your loss too. She was also diagnosed Stage 4, and bravely fought it for seven years, making plans for the future up to the very last day.

She loved golf...I introduced her to the game and we played together often. She adamantly did not want to be remembered as "cancer girl," so I've pretty much erased all memories of her ailing toward the end. Instead, I always picture her crazy-big smile as she holed a shot out of the bunker. :D

She adamantly did not want to be remembered as "cancer girl," so I've pretty much erased all memories of her ailing toward the end. Instead, I always picture her crazy-big smile as she holed a shot out of the bunker. :D
My brother was similar. About a month before he passed, he visited home and I knew it was a sign so I made sure to put in for leave. While visiting family one day, he and his girlfriend snuck away with my family and we had a blast hitting up the theme park then partying as much as he could take. Afterward he thanked me for just hanging out with him and not treating him like he was already gone. Every time a family member saw him that week they either took 100 photos or asked way too many questions on how he wanted to be remembered. I got 1 photo with him and it’s all I need. The memories of us acting like we were teenagers again talking crap to each other and reminiscing on our youth was good enough for me.

Back