Did You Know? METARS

PS: For easy access to conversions, use Google.

Just type "3 cm in inches" or "7 celsius in fahrenheit" into a search box and voila ... 1.18 and 44.6. Works for pounds and other units, too.

Heck, you don't even need to remember how to spell "fahrenheit"!
Typing "7c in f" returns 7 degrees Celsius = 44.6 degrees Fahrenheit and "3cm in in" returns 3 centimeters = 1.18110236 in

Even easier if you use Firefox, where you have a nice Google search bar available. (Yes, I know that other browsers have it too! :))

i never really got into the translated METAR/TAF/FA thing. I actually get more confused by the decoded stuff. weird I know.

I was told that i needed to learn metric in school as well. I guess its a good reason for the wrench companies to sell everyone two sets of sockets.

i never really got into the translated METAR/TAF/FA thing. I actually get more confused by the decoded stuff. weird I know.

Not really, IMHO the translator sucks. It doesn't check context at all so the abbreviations that can be taken more than one way result in BOTH words appearing in the translation. Blech.

IMHO, knowing the codes inside out is very helpful - When I'm listening to the ATIS, I write it down in METAR codes. That way I usually don't have to make multiple passes through the ATIS.

Back