Did this guy ever fly?

I can't really fault the guy, and I certainly wont be laughing at him. People from that part of the world simply aren't provided the same opportunities we have here. No real education, no real future. Who can fault a guy for trying to fulfill his dream of flying? It's more sad than funny.

Thats what makes his effort such a great thing. He may not have the opportunities that others do but he's making the best of them and creating his own.

Frank

Well, after reading this article; http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/oct/26/kenya-plane-homemade I have had a change of heart about wanting to help him. The SOB is looking for a pilot.

Dear Test Pilot School,
We built a big bomb and put a motor on the bottom of it. We need some suckers, um, highly skilled experienced pilots to sit on top of it while we hopefully shoot them off into space because we don't know how to fly the thing.
Sincerely,
NASA
P.S. We think we have the blown-to-smitereens part figured out now but we put another bomb with a motor on the bottom of that on top of the whole thing that should yank the pilot to safety when the bottom part goes kablooey.
P.S.S. The parachutes seem to work most of the time as long as your pilots can keep the whole thing from tumbling and turning into a trail of firey debris and not float down through the fireball.

What's "I've flown more planes than Chuck Yeager" Jim Campbell doing these days? I nominate him.

Dear Test Pilot School,
We built a big bomb and put a motor on the bottom of it. We need some suckers, um, highly skilled experienced pilots to sit on top of it while we hopefully shoot them off into space because we don't know how to fly the thing.
Sincerely,
NASA
P.S. We think we have the blown-to-smitereens part figured out now but we put another bomb with a motor on the bottom of that on top of the whole thing that should yank the pilot to safety when the bottom part goes kablooey.
P.S.S. The parachutes seem to work most of the time as long as your pilots can keep the whole thing from tumbling and turning into a trail of firey debris and not float down through the fireball.

hahaha good one! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Back