Did someone say Group Buy? Knots2U

Unit74

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Unit74
Over on the Piper Owner page, we are putting together a group buy. We have already talked to the owner of K2U and he is receptive. We won’t know the specific discount until we gather up the interested people and what they want. But given they do a lot of speed mods across many brands, it might be your chance to save on them.

More details on the Link.

https://piperowner.org/talk/discussion/155517/knots2u-group-buy-get-in-here-piper-owners

How do you get enough that want the same/similar part? I’ve seen group buys on 9mm ammo, maybe a tad harder with a/c parts. Then you still have shipping in all different directions.

Not being a downer, then you have the group buy hoops to jump through. One may want the part now, group buys slow things down.

On Mooneyspace we did a group buy of new up and down blocks for the Johnson bar. It can be done.

How do you get enough that want the same/similar part? I’ve seen group buys on 9mm ammo, maybe a tad harder with a/c parts. Then you still have shipping in all different directions.

Not being a downer, then you have the group buy hoops to jump through. One may want the part now, group buys slow things down.

It’s not about an individual part. Think of it as a group discount instead. We are directing them a group of orders for a discounted price. In general, the parts they own and make are discounted. We are not expecting much if anything on third party stuff such as Whelen lights or whatever.

I'm sorely tempted to get a set of wingtips, but I've already way overspent the budget for this year. They'd have to sit in the hangar for a while before I could get them painted & fitted. It would take a pretty significant discount to make that worth while. Did they give any indication of how much of a price break they'd give?

No, the owner did not. I think it really will depend on how many buyers are on board. I’d be tempted to buy and sit on the parts though if I were you. The tips for my plane have gone up substantially over the last few years. Enough to pay for labor in fact. I won’t be installing mine till summer-ish. But I will be buying now.

No, the owner did not. I think it really will depend on how many buyers are on board. I’d be tempted to buy and sit on the parts though if I were you. The tips for my plane have gone up substantially over the last few years. Enough to pay for labor in fact. I won’t be installing mine till summer-ish. But I will be buying now.
You almost have me talked into it.

Tell me about POS. I've read & enjoyed "Pipers" magazine, but must haven't been able to bring myself to join an organization with "POS" as an acronym. Is the forum any good? At least better than piperforum.com? Not that that's saying much...

You almost have me talked into it.

Tell me about POS. I've read & enjoyed "Pipers" magazine, but must haven't been able to bring myself to join an organization with "POS" as an acronym. Is the forum any good? At least better than piperforum.com? Not that that's saying much...

Piper Flyer's Forum sucks. Little activity. Takes forever to get a single response most of the time. Their magazine is great. PiperOwner.org has low-but-consistant activity and it's all Piper-centric which is nice. I was on PiperForum.com and that Canadian moderator really ****ed me off one day, has zero sense of humor and come off like Ferris Buellers teacher most of the time. I think he is a member here too. I have not been back, they locked it down for awhile trying to make it a pay to play site and more people left. They re-opened it up to public view, but the content is slow and growing mold. Sorta the "get woke, go broke" thing happened I think. I'm done with them though.

As far as the group buy goes, we are gathering "wish lists" and the main guy at Piper Owners Group will physically present it to John, the owner of K2U. They know each other. So the conversation is already on the table. He does not run sales but the chance to push some order volume has his attention. All they stuff they make will be discounted. He said margin is tight on 3rd party stuff, but he will see what he can do as most products are around 10% margin so I would not expect much more than a point or two, if any. Not enough meat on the bone. On his parts, he has plenty of margin to work with us. We are looking to bring the orders to him I believe in early January and if we get terms, I suspect a group discount code will be given.

Fingers crossed!

Piper Flyer's Forum sucks. Little activity. Takes forever to get a single response most of the time. Their magazine is great. PiperOwner.org has low-but-consistant activity and it's all Piper-centric which is nice. I was on PiperForum.com and that Canadian moderator really ****ed me off one day, has zero sense of humor and come off like Ferris Buellers teacher most of the time. I think he is a member here too. I have not been back, they locked it down for awhile trying to make it a pay to play site and more people left. They re-opened it up to public view, but the content is slow and growing mold. Sorta the "get woke, go broke" thing happened I think. I'm done with them though.

As far as the group buy goes, we are gathering "wish lists" and the main guy at Piper Owners Group will physically present it to John, the owner of K2U. They know each other. So the conversation is already on the table. He does not run sales but the chance to push some order volume has his attention. All they stuff they make will be discounted. He said margin is tight on 3rd party stuff, but he will see what he can do as most products are around 10% margin so I would not expect much more than a point or two, if any. Not enough meat on the bone. On his parts, he has plenty of margin to work with us. We are looking to bring the orders to him I believe in early January and if we get terms, I suspect a group discount code will be given.

Fingers crossed!
Yeah, I even paid to join the first time. The know-it-alls who delight in telling you're wrong without reading your post and the pitched political arguments turned me off. Of course we have those here too, but the mods tend to keep a lid on it, there’s more posts, and more people with a functioning sense of humor. To add insult to injury, they auto charged my credit card for another year of membership. That won't happen again.

Wasn't there some sort of schism a few years ago that resulted in all these groups? Seems a shame piper owners don't have a nice organization like beechtalk and ABS. The Facebook PA32 group is getting there, but Facebook is so limiting with regard to finding information.

You can put me on the list for a set of the rd4000 wing tips and a spare set of lenses, rd5001.

Last edited:
Yeah, I even paid to join the first time. The know-it-alls who delight in telling you're wrong without reading your post and the pitched political arguments turned me off. Of course we have those too, but the mods tend to keep a lid on it, there’s more posts, and more people with a functioning sense of humor. To add insult to injury, they auto charged my credit card for another year of membership. That won't happen again.

Wasn't there some sort of schism a few years ago that resulted in all these groups? Seems a shame piper owners don't have a nice organization like beechtalk and ABS. The Facebook PA32 group is getting there, but Facebook is so limiting with regard to finding information.

You can put me on the list for a set of the rd4000 wing tips and a spare set of lenses, rd5001.

You want me to post it for you or do you have a log in over their?

You want me to post it for you or do you have a log in over their?
I don't have a log in. I'm still undecided on subscribing. Maybe if I ever manage to get together with Jack and get my girl in the magazine.

I don't have a log in. I'm still undecided on subscribing. Maybe if I ever manage to get together with Jack and get my girl in the magazine.

Done

Seems to be standard issue on most Pipers. The stress of thick IMC with turbulence isn't getting you sweating..... The frigging heater keeps turning on by itself!
Mine is opposite. It turns off. It won't stay on.

What part numbers from K2U ? Put it in your cart then cut and paste it in.

Already posted my cart on that forum. Trying to narrow the gap on my dad's Cherokee Six and everyone's Lance. Got him the Laminar Flow's nose wheel fairing for Christmas. He doesn't like how they did some striping on the mains when it was painted and the k2u main fairing's would give a reason to get that done. Next up is the coffee grinder beacon for a Red Baron and k2u's smaller vertical fin which I also put on the list.

List is coming together. We are looking to present this very soon. If you are looking for any speed mods, plastics, whatever, get on the bus now or this rare opportunity to see a discount will be gone. You,will see an email address from Scott listed towards the bottom of page 1. I suggest you go direct ASAP. He needs, make, model, serial number, desired part numbers, and contact info for you.

If anyone is serious about this group buy, we are live right now. I don't know if it's a one-time thing or if this will be an ongoing relationship. PM me and I will point you in the right direction. I'll leave it alone from this point unless I need to respond to someone in this thread.

Back