Did some good solo flying today

RyanB

Super Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Ryan
Went and took a 152 and flew around my local area today. Flew over to a local satellite airport and did 2 sim engine out's to landing. Pulled power to idle and pitched for Vg put flaps down and did a forward slip to lose altitude on very short final and made the runway a little past my intended touch down point. Second one was abeam touchdown point on the downwind and did the same thing, lost some altitude and turned for the runway, had it made, and put full flaps down and slipped again on very short final to lose altitude and came out at 55kts which is the short field landing speed, would have made the runway on this one but most likely would have landed in the displaced threshold so i did a go-around. Overall good practice and I feel like its something good to do once and a while.

Last edited:
Nice work, Ryan. Sounds like you had a productive day out. Keep practicing and keep learning. It's the most gratifying insurance available.

Thank you, i sure enjoy it!

Fun, fun fun!

Glad you're playing with slips. Lots of pilots never get really comfortable with them, and they're a valuable tool.

Keep up the good work.

Fun, fun fun!

Glad you're playing with slips. Lots of pilots never get really comfortable with them, and they're a valuable tool.

Keep up the good work.

Agreed, i felt like it was a necessary thing to practice, since thats most likely what I would be using to get down if I came up a little high, if I really had an engine out. Always something that can still use work to hit your exact spot everytime, but I came close to what i was aiming for anyway. Thanks for your replies everyone!

Back