Did I bust this Bravo Airspace? Help here

Luis Escobar

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
LAEC
Hey Guys,

It sounds simple, but I do not even know if I busted this Bravo airspace during my flight yesterday, I will attach a picture with my GPS position and altitude and you guys can tell me what you think.

Right after this happened I scanned several frequencies but nobody was trying to contact me.

Thank you.

IMG_0186.jpg

Based on your trajectory and altitude, yes, looks like you may have clipped it just barely

Hey Guys,

It sounds simple, but I do not even know if I busted this Bravo airspace during my flight yesterday, I will attach a picture with my GPS position and altitude and you guys can tell me what you think.

Right after this happened I scanned several frequencies but nobody was trying to contact me.

Thank you.

View attachment 66424

Are you talking about the time you on the line of the 30/70 shelf?

Your GPS altitude doesn’t matter, what did your altimeter say and did you have a current altimeter setting?

Are you talking about the time you on the line of the 30/70 shelf?

Your GPS altitude doesn’t matter, what did your altimeter say and did you have a current altimeter setting?

So, when I realized what happened, I was maybe 30 seconds outside the airspace and my altimeter was showing around 3100 climbing around 550 fpm... Yes my altimeter was set to the current local settings.

Based on your trajectory and altitude, yes, looks like you may have clipped it just barely

Should I report a NASA form? What should I do?, It was so close, I do not even know if they noticed it.

need more info....which direction did u come from? if from the north and you went thru all that bravo above 3k MSL and below 7k without talking to anyone, yep, busted bravo. if from the west or south and right at the time of the screen shot u were banging a u turn cause u realized u were about to enter the bravo, I wouldn't be toooo concerned.

So, when I realized what happened, I was maybe 30 seconds outside the airspace and my altimeter was showing around 3100 climbing around 550 fpm... Yes my altimeter was set to the current local settings.

If you were indicating 3100 on the altimeter, where the airplane icon was, yeah you busted it.

That amount of a bust at the very edge, I wouldn’t be too worried.

But yeah, might as well file a NASA, say ten hail marys and sin no more.

need more info....which direction did u come from? if from the north and you went thru all that bravo above 3k MSL and below 7k without talking to anyone, yep, busted bravo. if from the west or south and right at the time of the screen shot u were banging a u turn cause u realized u were about to enter the bravo, I wouldn't be toooo concerned.

I was coming from north with a south heading, I was under 3K AT ALL TIME, at the time of the screen capture is the second I got into 3k feet, during my flight it looked like I was already clear of Bravo but I was just right there ( in the outer part of the blue line).

If you were indicating 3100 on the altimeter, where the airplane icon was, yeah you busted it.

That amount of a bust at the very edge, I wouldn’t be too worried.

But yeah, might as well file a NASA, say ten hail marys and sin no more.

No, the 3100 in my altimeter was around 20 - 30 seconds after you see the airplane icon, its hard to say, again that's when I realized what just happened.

Thank you

I was coming from north with a south heading, I was under 3K AT ALL TIME, at the time of the screen capture is the second I got into 3k feet, during my flight it looked like I was already clear of Bravo but I was just right there ( in the outer part of the blue line).

if so then I wouldn't worry about it at all. you don't bust a bravo by getting 'close' to the floor of it, u bust it by by being above the specified floor. no nasa, go have a beer and /thread.

No, the 3100 in my altimeter was around 20 - 30 seconds after you see the airplane icon, its hard to say, again that's when I realized what just happened.

Thank you

Thank you

Hmmm, might not have even busted it, still do the NASA, doesn’t hurt

Hi.
The fact that you did not hear from anyone while flying does not guarantee that will not hear from someone later. Given only the information you posted it does not look like you violated the airspace sufficient to interfere with any traffic, and that is one sure way to get a call.
As others have said, complete the ASRS / NASA form and explain what you think you did wrong, why you did it (using GPS and getting too close....), and what you've learned from it (try to have at least a couple of SM spacing for any maneuver that may get you too close to Class B, or let the controlling agency that you may get closer, if you have a need to get closer, and to let you know if they want you further out)..
Unfortunately the navigation equipment in the acft that we have may not be exactly the same as the ATC has and a good spacing is always a good idea.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back