Diamond POH/Charts Sucks

jesse

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jesse
I was looking in the Diamond POH today..and uh..It sucks in my view. The charts are all seperate and just a major pain in the ass. For example there is one chart labeled "TABLE FOR SETTING ENGINE PERFORMANCE" and it goes through the this altitude, this temperature, this rpm, and this manifold pressure equals a certain %HP.

Now to get your airspeed--you have to go about four more pages to a chart called CRUSING (TRUE AIRSPEED TAS) and follow this chart with your finger to figure out what airspeed you would get with the power you figured out on the previous four pages. This is just stupid.

Cessna charts are better. They put all of the information in one table so you can just look for the airspeed , fuel burn, and %HP you want and be all done.

What bugs me even more is fuel burn. It just has two options: BEST ECONOMY and BEST POWER...and a list of RPMS and %HP. I'm assuming that highest manifold pressure in the best power one and lowest manifold pressure is best economy for each given RPM. It's just too damn simplified.

//End Rant.

I agree that the DA-40 manual leaves a lot to be desired. It's very poorly laid out, and some things are just about impossible to find. IIRC, I couldn't find Vx or Vy in there (I don't remember which). Also note that in the emergency checklist they don't bold the memorization items.

Back