Diagnosed with GAD (anixety) - can I get class 1 medical?

bobbylee123

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
bobbylee123
I was diagnosed with moderate general anxiety disorder by my PCP a couple of months ago. They noted it was moderate, and that I did not need medication. How screwed am I?

This would have been one of the convenient things to forget about like noted in your last post.

N_A_M_E_24: terrible advice. They have the diagnosis codes if they want to have them. Can you say "F-E-L-O-N-Y?

OP: get to a counselor. Establish a record. If the High power HIMS pscyhiatrist eventaully concurs and If well controlled, no meds, this is an "issuable special issuance" on the part of the agency.

Last edited:
N_A_M_E_24: terrible advice. They have the diagnosis codes if they want to have them. Can you say "F-E-L-O-N-Y?

OP: get to a counselor. Establish a record. If the High power HIMS pscyhiatrist eventaully concurs and If well controlled, no meds, this is an "issuable special issuance" on the part of the agency.
do you know how long this process could take?

Do PCPs have the expertise to diagnose this?

Sounds more like a psychology issue to me, I would get a 2nd opinion.

Back