Dermatologist visits

DavidWhite

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
DW
I've had dermatologist visits every 3 month for the last 3 years or so (since I got my medical) to look at moles. I've had several removed, but none were cancerous. Besides these dermatologist visits I've only had 1 real doctors appointment and that was just to check up with a new doctor since I can't go to the pediatrician anymore. What do I need to report/write on my medical for this?

I've had dermatologist visits every 3 month for the last 3 years or so (since I got my medical) to look at moles. I've had several removed, but none were cancerous. Besides these dermatologist visits I've only had 1 real doctors appointment and that was just to check up with a new doctor since I can't go to the pediatrician anymore. What do I need to report/write on my medical for this?

List the visits an purpose of each. That's half a lifetime of doctor visits for me.

List the visits an purpose of each. That's half a lifetime of doctor visits for me.

Yeah but it will be like "Dermatologist checkup, moles examined" for like all of them. I think the last time I had a mole removed was more than a year ago and I asked my doctor what I needed to do, but she said since they weren't cancerous I didn't need to report them. I'm pretty sure that is incorrect.

Yeah but it will be like "Dermatologist checkup, moles examined" for like all of them. I think the last time I had a mole removed was more than a year ago and I asked my doctor what I needed to do, but she said since they weren't cancerous I didn't need to report them. I'm pretty sure that is incorrect.

List the doctor once and then visit dates.

They need to be reported on your next medical, like all Drs appointments. I think "Dermatologist checkup, moles examined" probably covers it. I'd imagine that if you have records for the appointments it won't be an issue when you get your next medical (if you even need that).

You are correct that your dermatologist's advice was not correct -- no doubt she is not an AME. You must report each visit to that health care professional as discussed above on your next FAA medical application.

Get out of Texas. Too much UV for your light skin is causing DNA damage and concomitant cell proliferation.

So do dentist visits count as well? Even checkups?

Not sure why anything needs to be reported since they can go look at your file anyway. I don't write down dates I went - hell I don't even know what dates I went. I just write in went a few times between last medical and now, nothing found. If the FAA wants to know they will find out anyway.

Not sure why anything needs to be reported since they can go look at your file anyway.
The reason it has to be reported is because they say it has to be reported and they can punish you severely if you don't report it. Ed has repeatedly indicated his high level of risk tolerance, so the fact that he's happy with the risk of not reporting things the FAA says must be reported doesn't mean anyone else will be -- choose wisely.

The reason it has to be reported is because they say it has to be reported and they can punish you severely if you don't report it. Ed has repeatedly indicated his high level of risk tolerance, so the fact that he's happy with the risk of not reporting things the FAA says must be reported doesn't mean anyone else will be -- choose wisely.

I simply put "went 4 or 5 times between (date) and (date). Sports related injuries, sinus infection. Situation resolved." If they want to dig, they can go dig, but I don't save any medical records. They go in the junk mail pile and get shredded and burned.

So sounds like the easiest thing to do would be to call the office and figure out what days I went in. Sounds easy enough. Thanks all.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back