Denver PoA Gang: It's April and I'm giving fair warning!!!

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
This weekend is my annual pilgrimage to the Inverness for the Auto Recycler training conference.

Since AAL doesn't offer flights home past 5:30p on Saturday, April 12, cutting into the time I could stay at the conference, I'm staying overnight and departing Sunday.

Who is available for a dinner gathering? And somewhere other than TPL. While that was good, I'm up for something different. Blanche mentioned a really good place Downtown that served regional cuisine (including a selection of game meats).

You guys figure out when and where and let me know.

The Buckhorn Exchange is sorta in the direction of downtown from the southern portion of Denver and they are gamey to say the least.

That does sound like the place.... Thanks, Clark.

What? You're not flying the 182 up here with your Brand New Instrument Rating? What time is the flight out on Sunday? You've already done Leadville but did you do the landing? I think it's time for you to really earn that certificate.

Yup, Buckhorn is the place. Easy to reach on light rail, no need to deal with traffic or snow storms (don't laugh, we're alternating between 60-70 deg and snow every 2-3 days!).

Keep rounding up more folks and we'll discuss a time and eating place.

I'd be honored to appear in public with the august members of this forum. Enjoying good food just makes it better!

Would love to join you all and hear some great aviation stories - some of which might even be true.

I'm doubtful. I'm coming home on the big silver bird (actually the big orange and purple one) and it's not scheduled to arrive until 1650. That's if it's on time which doesn't happen too frequently.

bump.

Count currently at 3 with possible 4 if Mari high-tails it down from DIA by 7 pm or so.

Nate? Greg? Others? I'll make reservations at Buckhorn or someplace else if I have a count by Thursday. This is for Saturday dinner, right?

Affirm, Saturday evening.

I'm starting the annual on the Dakota Saturday morning, and will owe my lovely bride a dinner after being gone all day. We're a tentative "yes, 2" and will firm it up by Thursday.

I'm doubtful. I'm coming home on the big silver bird (actually the big orange and purple one) and it's not scheduled to arrive until 1650. That's if it's on time which doesn't happen too frequently.

5 pm, think you can get to Buckhorn by 7? I-70 west to 225, south on 225 to the Tamarac exit, stay left around to Monaco, park at the Monaco PnR (Southmoor) and take light rail to the Osage stop?

It's Saturday, traffic shouldn't be a problem except for the construction on 225.

Buckhorn at 7:30 pm on Saturday? Reservations for 8 (6 confirmed right now) just in case. Reservations under Mike Farlow's name.

I'll say I/we are about as confirmed as I/we can be right now ... arghhhh - make it stop spinning! :) yeah, been a crazy few days/weeks/months/years ...

The problem is not so much the drive as the flight. I won't know if it's on time until it departs. If there's any weather at all in SFO it gets delayed.

The problem is not so much the drive as the flight. I won't know if it's on time until it departs. If there's any weather at all in SFO it gets delayed.

Dinner time changed to 7:30 pm. We'll keep a seat for you.

Looking forward to it.

Wonder if any if the MPR crew would come down and join us?

Just saw this. Want to see Mike. Missed seeing Dave.

Kinda behind on stuff this week. Lost a couple of days to doggie getting X-Rays and ultrasounds. (He's ok. Lots of fluids and high fiber food and he passed whatever was stuck in his upper small intestines. Silly pup.)

Making a note to ask Karen if we can head over on Sat night.

Who was our last out-of-town victim err, "guest" for a POA dinner at Buckhorn? I seem to recall we had a pretty good snowstorm for that one?

Who was our last out-of-town victim err, "guest" for a POA dinner at Buckhorn? I seem to recall we had a pretty good snowstorm for that one?
That was Bill Suffa.

Just saw this. Want to see Mike. Missed seeing Dave.

Kinda behind on stuff this week. Lost a couple of days to doggie getting X-Rays and ultrasounds. (He's ok. Lots of fluids and high fiber food and he passed whatever was stuck in his upper small intestines. Silly pup.)

Making a note to ask Karen if we can head over on Sat night.

got 2 seats saved for you and karen

+1 for me. My dad might be wwith me

Ed Greene just said a foot of snow in the foothills starting around 10pm tomorrow night.

I ain't skeer'd. :) it's springtime in the Rockies!

If we could wait until Sunday, we'd be doing that again.

Karen says we're in. See y'all there.

Btw, dad is a story teller and an old Air Force T38 IP, plus captain in Braniff 707's. So if you enjoy hearing interesting gold old days of aviation tales, just ask.

If we could wait until Sunday, we'd be doing that again.

Karen says we're in. See y'all there.

Nate & Karen
Mike & Dad
Greg & wife
Mari
G-Man
Me

Who else? Last call - I need to confirm with Buckhorn around lunchtime.

So, Mike, are you flying the 182 with Dad or still coming in on Southwest?

Sorry, I'm going to back out too. Too much stuff to do at home and I've been gone all week. Maybe next time.

Animals were harmed. :)

du2a8abe.jpg

Thank you all for having us over to dinner. Dad and I really enjoyed the food and your company. First time for me to try rattlesnake, buffalo, and elk!

We will share some Texas hospitality if ever you are ever down our way.

And we even held off the spring snowstorm for an extra day - just for you!

Had a great time - good food, good conversation and good company.

I had a great time, thanks! As Greg said: great company, good food, and good conversation!

Look forward to the next event!

Back