Delta nose drags at CLT

""We came in low once and then climbed again. Second time had us brace but the landing was smooth. No jarring or even loud noises. We were in the back so that may have been why. Everyone evacuated via slides. No injuries as far as I know. Crew and pilots were wonderful!"

Maybe this passenger should go talk to that one that was so terrified of a go around.

Good work by the crew! Looks like they hardly scratched the paint ...

If I ever have to go down an evacuation slide, I hope it looks like this one.

13436227_airplanecrash.jpg

certainly no shortage of drama out of CLT.

The airplane picture is cool. That no one even seems to have even twisted an ankle going down the baby slide is amazing and awesome. But the pic I want to see is somebody lifting that thing up to put a dolly under it, or whatever, to get it off the runway. Because I'm thinking they're not going to do what we saw on another thread, and have someone with an end loader and a rope drag it off the runway...which would be spectacular, btw.

The airplane picture is cool. That no one even seems to have even twisted an ankle going down the baby slide is amazing and awesome. But the pic I want to see is somebody lifting that thing up to put a dolly under it, or whatever, to get it off the runway. Because I'm thinking they're not going to do what we saw on another thread, and have someone with an end loader and a rope drag it off the runway...which would be spectacular, btw.

Preferred method would be jacking. There is a tripod jackpoint just aft of the nose gear that they may be able to fit a jack pad and short tripod underneath. If not, 2nd preferred method would be airbags. 3rd preferred method would be belly bands and a crane. It's really not as hard to lift an aircraft of that size as one would think. It takes a while, but it isn't that hard. The goal is to not further damage the aircraft while lifting and get it back on its gear if possible. If they had data on why the gear failed to extend, and it's a quick fix, they may fix the problem, lift the plane, drop the gear, and tow it away.

Delta keeps their panes very clean! Damn. I also hadn't realized the 717/MD-90/mad-dog was still flying with a major carrier. That's cool. Back when I could find them on my SAN - BOS flights I'd go out of my way to book on them. Always seemed the quietest and smoothest in rows 15 and under. Seemed to ride the bumps real nice too.. on *one* flight we had notable dutch roll I even captured on camera.. that was peculiar

Back