[deleted]

cognitive testing, if you pass, is usually a one time thing for ADHD.

Thanks for the response. Do you say "usually" because sometimes it does happen where they must take the psychological test(s) again? Have you heard of this happening?

Thanks
It will happen when there are multiple scores on the initial neurocognitive, that are in the marginal 5th to 15th percentile range. Although more recently you just are given a denial in that situation. "It depends".

If you have a not particulary strong score or are just recently off the meds it is much more common to have a one -year contingent on a CFI progress letter AND a letter from your PCP. B

Thanks for the response doctor. What do you mean by the initial neurocognitigive?
It means the battery of tests, with which you initially applied with.
Does that mean the test that I took to see in the first place that I had ADHD? Or is it during the whole battery of tests.
Cheers, and thanks,

I can't really give you an oracle's answer as I'm not privy to how you scored compared to the age matched cohort of pilots, on each of perhaps a dozen tests. It's about the "whole picture" to the agency. That's why there's tests- we dont' know until you've produced 'em.

Don't be too hopeful on escaping with a full issuance. There are a lotta guys who are thankful for the SI and for the privilege. Ahe agency tries to give the guys at the "weaker end" a chance- that's what the SI is all about......but that could change. It's a "standards" organization.

Think about this: If it were zero sum, and the agency had to decided to give a medical to a guy with a history of stimulant use, vs to a guy who had no such history.....guess what they'd do. If they moved the bar up so that there were no chances for teh guys between the 5th and 15th percentiles, that would impact a lot of folks. :(

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back