Deferred Medical

C172capt

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
BonanzaPilot
Went to the doc yesterday for a 1st class medical. Passed the medical but the computer would not allow the doctor to print out a cert. He called the FAA today and said they will have to defer my application because I accidentally filled out 2 forms or something? Anyone have any experience with this? How long can I expect to wait? Is this a big deal? Thanks.

When the computer refuses to print it's usually because there is a denial condition present, e.g, a history of a DUI that has locked your file, or an previous exam by another AME within 90 days prior, or an immediately prior denial.

However a topnotch AME should not be dissuaded. We still issue 8500-7 certificates, fax them into the agency, and they are still perfectly valid.

The AME simply has to explain how he dealt with the condition that was held by the computer.....I have done this many times, and recently (today, in fact)!

When the computer refuses to print it's usually because there is a denial condition present, e.g, a history of a DUI that has locked your file, or an previous exam by another AME within 90 days prior, or an immediately prior denial.

However a topnotch AME should not be dissuaded. We still issue 8500-7 certificates, fax them into the agency, and they are still perfectly valid.

The AME simply has to explain how he dealt with the condition that was held by the computer.....I have done this many times, and recently (today, in fact)!

Interesting... I have no idea why my medical would have been deferred... Would scheduling an appointment with another AME do it? I scheduled an appointment with one AME for 2 weeks from now but was able to get to this one quicker. I went to this one before canceling the other appointment. I can't imagine this would be the cause? The AME I went to called the FAA and they said it would have to be deferred.

Interesting... I have no idea why my medical would have been deferred... Would scheduling an appointment with another AME do it? I scheduled an appointment with one AME for 2 weeks from now but was able to get to this one quicker. I went to this one before canceling the other appointment. I can't imagine this would be the cause? The AME I went to called the FAA and they said it would have to be deferred.
No. there's something in your history you're not aware of or you're not telling us.

If that's you that emailed me, don't post it here. Have a hack at it via email.

No. there's something in your history you're not aware of or you're not telling us.

If that's you that emailed me, don't post it here. Have a hack at it via email.

I didn't email you. There is nothing I'm not telling, I have no history, I have never been pulled over. No clue what it could be.

Thanks for the explanation. I'm gonna call the Dr. and the FAA. Appreciate the help.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back