Deferred 3rd class approved! Timeline and questions

Cxt1067

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Cxt1067
Back in the September 2021 my 3rd class med was deferred in the AME office. Because I checked some boxes.
First round of communication OKC wanted all my records.
After sending them the docs, I was told in March 2022 that I needed cog-screens and psychiatric evaluation. Got those done in the May. The reports was sent to OKC at the end of June 2022.
At the beginning of July OKC said my case was sent to DC.
After that is a long time wait.
Yesterday (07/10/2023) my certificate was issued with no limitation!
The whole procedure is about 22 months.
I just want to share this and let ppl know there is hope!

Now my question:
How does the renewal in the future work? Provided I don’t have any new conditions in the future, will it be same as those who never got deferred? Which means it will be approved on spot?
Next question, if I decide to go for 1st class, do I need to go through the whole deferred procedure again?

Follow your SI letter to the letter. Typically 90 days before expiration get the status letters or whatever you need done and take them to your AME. He shoudl reissue and send it along to Joklahoma city.

Thank you. I haven’t got the letter yet. Will wait and see what it says

Hoping that I'm right behind you. 1st Class HIMS SSRI, AME exam completed June 2022, was told that the DC panel completed review last week. @Cxt1067 did you first hear about it on medxpress or from your RFS or AME?

Hoping that I'm right behind you. 1st Class HIMS SSRI, AME exam completed June 2022, was told that the DC panel completed review last week. @Cxt1067 did you first hear about it on medxpress or from your RFS or AME?
Hope you get yours soon. Found out on a routine check(every day lol) on medxpress. Airmen registry updated same day. Do you by chance know anything about my second question?

Hope you get yours soon. Found out on a routine check(every day lol) on medxpress. Airmen registry updated same day. Do you by chance know anything about my second question?
I'm not entirely certain since I went for 1st Class directly, you'd be better off asking your AME. I believe it would need to be deferred again, but it should be pretty straightforward since you already reported the conditions and went through the review. The good news is that you'd have your 3rd class in the meantime and can fly while you wait.

Now my question:
How does the renewal in the future work? Provided I don’t have any new conditions in the future, will it be same as those who never got deferred? Which means it will be approved on spot?

Depends on what’s in the letter you’ll soon get in the mail.

Next question, if I decide to go for 1st class, do I need to go through the whole deferred procedure again?
Depends on what’s in the letter.

Back