Tim
A pilot has this on his certificate:

Rating(s):AIRLINE TRANSPORT PILOT
AIRPLANE SINGLE ENGINE LAND
COMMERCIAL PRIVILEGES
AIRPLANE MULTIENGINE LAND
ROTORCRAFT-HELICOPTER
INSTRUMENT HELICOPTER

As I interpret this, he can file IFR in a single engine airplane or a helicopter, but not in a multi-engine airplane.

Or does the ATP-single provide instrument privileges in the twin too?

A pilot has this on his certificate:

Rating(s):AIRLINE TRANSPORT PILOT
AIRPLANE SINGLE ENGINE LAND
COMMERCIAL PRIVILEGES
AIRPLANE MULTIENGINE LAND
ROTORCRAFT-HELICOPTER
INSTRUMENT HELICOPTER

As I interpret this, he can file IFR in a single engine airplane or a helicopter, but not in a multi-engine airplane.

Or does the ATP-single provide instrument privileges in the twin too?

Tim,

If he doesn't have "Airplane Multiengine VFR Only" in the limitations section (XIII) he does indeed have instrument privileges.

Tim,

If he doesn't have "Airplane Multiengine VFR Only" in the limitations section (XIII) he does indeed have instrument privileges.

Thanks... I couldn't remember exactly how the "instrument in one class but not another" got handled.

What I want to know is....who gets an ATP single engine only and Commercial Multi???

Usually you see it the other way around - ATP multi with commercial privileges in ASEL.

What I want to know is....who gets an ATP single engine only and Commercial Multi???
Maybe they felt they wanted an ATP and the single was less expensive? :dunno:

I think some people get ratings just because. Nothing wrong with that.

Usually you see it the other way around - ATP multi with commercial privileges in ASEL.

That's what I have. Perhaps this individual in the OP is flying for a company like PlaneSense or Wiggins in a PC-12, Caravan, or similar, and has never needed the multi-ATP.

Back