Decipher please

Richard

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ack...city life
AIRPORT REMARKS
CAUTION: BIRD HAZ. HI INTS JET OPR 25 NM RAD 0-15,000' MON-FRI. BLACK TOP AREAS ADJ TO TWY ANDHGR FOR EROSION CTL ONLY, WILL NOT SUPPORT ACFT.

Dechiper what is shown in bold.

Radial from what?
What would it mean operationally to me in a non-participating aircraft?
This is from KNLC Lemoore NAS as listed on AirNav.

BTW: the Navy really does have a sense of humor. If you've ever been to Lemoore you would know NLC really does mean No Life Club.

Last edited:
AIRPORT REMARKS
CAUTION: BIRD HAZ. HI INTS JET OPR 25 NM RAD 0-15,000' MON-FRI. BLACK TOP AREAS ADJ TO TWY ANDHGR FOR EROSION CTL ONLY, WILL NOT SUPPORT ACFT.

Radial from what?

BTW: the Navy really does have a sense of humor. If you've ever been to Lemoore you would know NLC really does mean No Life Club.

That's 25 NM radius of the airport.

Lots of jets operating in a 25 nautical mile radius. knowing it's a naval air station, one can assume they're small and fast.

OK, thanks y'all. Makes sense now.
High intenstity of jet operations within 25 nm radius of airport.

BONUS: what constitutes "hight intensity"? Operationally, I would expect a/c craft movements in to and out from an airport. A mil strip I would expect very fast and small (hard to see) aircraft making atypical maneuvers within their established flight profile (unknown by non-participatory aircraft)

AIRPORT REMARKS

Radial from what?

High intensity jet operations in a 25nm radius around the airport between 0 & 15,000 feet altitude. Sounds like Sheppard AFB.

For several days, we had similar operations in the far southwestern corner of North Carolina and jumping over into Georgia a bit. The size was huge, estimating about 50x100 SM. In this case, it was listed as a TFR.

It was far away from us to not matter but I'm sure it made folks out of Greenville a bit nervous.

BONUS: what constitutes "hight [sic] intensity"?
There is no quantitative definition.
Operationally, I would expect a/c craft movements in to and out from an airport. A mil strip I would expect very fast and small (hard to see) aircraft making atypical maneuvers within their established flight profile (unknown by non-participatory aircraft)
More than that, lots of aircraft movements around that airport with a density great enough to merit an unusually high degree of watchfulness. IOW, check six, and three, and nine, and twelve, both high and low, and then check again, and again, and again...

HI INTS JET OPR 25 NM RAD 0-15,000' MON-FRI.

It means if you get whacked, you've been warned and it's all your fault. Even if they get you from the rear.
Call it advance PR planning. "Its right there in the notams"

Back