December 17/18 - New England Air Museum

astanley

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Andrew Stanley
Dave G already posted about this, but I figured I'd resurrect it.

NEAM is a very, very cool place, and if we get more than a few people, we can get classified as a group and get extra special access (cockpit access to some of the planes).

They have a great mix of WWII, 60's, and modern era airframes, including a restored Sikorsky V44 Flying Boat, a DC-3, a restored B-29, and a Corvelle (sp?)

It's a cool place, right near the airport, and there are some places to eat right near by, I'm trying to see if we can have a little room to eat in and talk shop and I'll bring down some fresh 'cue for the day - ribs, pork, chicken, maybe even brisket, depending on what people like.

Who is game? KBDL is an easy flight, and (at least 5 years ago), they used to waive the fees if you were going to the NEAM - not sure if they still do that. Toby? Adam? Bob B? Ron?

Cheers,

-Andrew

Andrew,

I have never flown into BDL, believe it or not. HFD I have many times. This is sounding like such a nice day, with good food, too! I am probably not going to be able to make it, though. It is very near Christmas and I will have all the kids home and things will likely be hectic. If there is any way I can make it, I will.

Toby said:
Andrew,

I have never flown into BDL, believe it or not. HFD I have many times. This is sounding like such a nice day, with good food, too! I am probably not going to be able to make it, though. It is very near Christmas and I will have all the kids home and things will likely be hectic. If there is any way I can make it, I will.

Been there, survived to tell the tale... LOL! BDL is an easy Class C. You should have no problems going in and out.

With Christmas looming, I too cannot commit to the trip. -Skip

If it will help i can change it to the 3rd or 4th, let me know . I'm flexable Dave G.

Check the other board out for a trip being planned to POU or 1B1 on either 11/27 or 12/3. If that is scheduled on 11/27, I might be able to do this on 12/3. The other possibility for me is to go to Nantucket for the Christmas Stroll on 12/3. So many choices.

If this gets put off until after the holidays, I'd go to BDL.

Back