Dec 2nd - KMIE - Muncie Indiana Fly-In

LeonardMack

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
LeonardMack
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Several of us from here and other pilot message boards are getting together at Vince's in Muncie this upcoming Saturday (December 2nd). We will be meeting about 1:30 for lunch.

If anyone is interested in going, let me know. The more the merrier.

I am going to be making some reservations so that they can accomodate a group. Please let me know if you think you will attend so I can make sure I have seating for everyone.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

LeonardMack said:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Several of us from here and other pilot message boards are getting together at Vince's in Muncie this upcoming Saturday (December 2nd). We will be meeting about 1:30 for lunch.[/FONT]
Sounds good to me! I'll see if Leslie's interested.

Sounds like a good cross country trip for dad.

Hrmm, should I fly or drive? Since KMIE is only about 13nm from my home base. ;)

Okay, Leslie and I will be there; I just booked a DA-40.Got it at noon, so might be there a little after 1:30. It's about 155NM (or 155nm, if you prefer, or even 155Nm :))

Aww man... I'd love to, but our annual meeting is on Sunday the 3rd and I'm just not ready for that yet. I'm gonna be spending Saturday crunching numbers and putting together a presentation. :(

Oh well. Hopefully it will at least help us on the way to getting a DA40 for the club so that *I* can be in a sexy new airplane for next time. :rolleyes: I'm officially envious, Grant!

Man, I really wanted to go, but I'm going to be in Pittsburgh this weekend. One of these I'll actually be able to make.

I wish I could come. My son has an orthodontist appointment. Have fun!:blueplane:
On December 9th, there will be an EAA activity at Lewis Lockport Airport (LOT). I plan on being there.
ApacheBob

ApacheBob said:
:blueplane:
On December 9th, there will be an EAA activity at Lewis Lockport Airport (LOT). I plan on being there.
ApacheBob
Okay, I'll see if I can meet up with you there. It's only about three miles from my home!

inav8r said:
Hrmm, should I fly or drive? Since KMIE is only about 13nm from my home base. ;)

Fly! There is just something wrong about driving to a fly-in! I once flew 5 n.m. from Pottstown Muni to Pottstown Limerick for a fly-in. You just gotta do it.

There's a slight chance I might make this one but we are moving into our nre house Friday and I don't now if I can get out of unpacking on Saturday, but I'll certainly try. ;)

Now this is a trip that works for me, from 1G1 a quick flight. Unfortunately I am writing from the Hotel in Saltillo Mexico, my new home for the next 10 days.

Come on down, great flying weather, just look out for the mountains.

OH Flier said:
Now this is a trip that works for me, from 1G1 a quick flight. Unfortunately I am writing from the Hotel in Saltillo Mexico, my new home for the next 10 days.

Come on down, great flying weather, just look out for the mountains.

All of you guys on vacations in tropical places makes a trip to Muncie seem so bland! I'm jealous... especially since the temperature here is supposed to drop tonight and snow is coming.

Looks like it should be decent on Saturday to fly for all of us stuck going to Muncie instead of Mexico or the Carribean!

It aint gonna happen for me. I'll be on the NE side of a low in December - you do the math.

For those of you going to Muncie this Saturday, we have reservations at Vince's at 1:30pm. They are in my name (Leonard Mack). It looks like we should have anywhere from about 7 to 15 people there. (Haven't gotten confirmations from everyone).

I, personally, will be flying VFR only, so if the weather decides not to cooperate, I won't be there. It is looking that it should be mostly sunny, but on the cold side.

I look forward to see everyone there!

Have a safe flight!

Okay, I'm afraid we're not going to make it after all. :( The runway and taxiways here have ice, which doesn't play well with differential brake steering at low speeds. None of the 172s or 182s are available at this late date for the timeframe.

Well, Scott sent me the pics he took of our flight. Here is a link to them:
http://www.leonardmack.com/gallery/mie-12-2/

We had 11 people that made it out.

It was great to see/meet everyone out there! Keep posted on here or the mailing list for the next get together! Maybe we can even get more people out for the next one!

Back