Debris falls from Delta flight experiencing engine issue over Nashville: 'It's very concerning'

Did they really mean to say "a hose-supply business"

I think this is called "uncontained engine failure"...

I think this is called "uncontained engine failure"...

I thought contained/uncontained was in reference to the nacelle and not sending high speed shrapnel into the aircraft. They don’t care what falls out the back of the nacelle in those containment tests.

"It's very concerning that planes are maybe not inspected the way they should be before takeoff."

Typical nonsense from the uninformed public.

Did they really mean to say "a hose-supply business"
The company names in that article all sound made up. The lady who was "very concerned" that plane's aren't inspected the way they should be before takeoff works for Nashville Rubber and Gasket. Maybe they supply the rubber for the hose supply company next door?

As usual, the comments are the best part
upload_2018-7-27_12-2-56.png

The company names in that article all sound made up. The lady who was "very concerned" that plane's aren't inspected the way they should be before takeoff works for Nashville Rubber and Gasket. Maybe they supply the rubber for the hose supply company next door?

View attachment 65484
THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

Kerry Walters, an employee with Nashville Rubber and Gasket, told WSMV. "It's very concerning that planes are maybe not inspected the way they should be before takeoff."

Here is a real airplane expert....:rolleyes:

Or worst, as the case may be. :(

At least it serves as a reminder that there’s some significantly stupid people on the left side of the bell curve, and there’s a reason they can’t even get a simple burger order right at the drive thru, when you’re up to the fourth time saying you want the burger plain and a Diet Coke. LOL.

At least it serves as a reminder that there’s some significantly stupid people on the left side of the bell curve, and there’s a reason they can’t even get a simple burger order right at the drive thru, when you’re up to the fourth time saying you want the burger plain and a Diet Coke. LOL.

Or like my recent drive-thru adventure. I order a cheeseburger meal with a diet coke. The kid at the window confirms I had a chicken tender basket before taking my money. I'm like nope, not even close. Then he asks...."Are you sure?" :sosp:

Or like my recent drive-thru adventure. I order a cheeseburger meal with a diet coke. The kid at the window confirms I had a chicken tender basket before taking my money. I'm like nope, not even close. Then he asks...."Are you sure?" :sosp:

One of those double lane ones? Some franchises do that right and have a camera that takes a photo of each vehicle so the order shows a photo of the car on the cashier’s screen, but others just try to sort out the mess of people merging incorrectly at the window.

I thought contained/uncontained was in reference to the nacelle and not sending high speed shrapnel into the aircraft. They don’t care what falls out the back of the nacelle in those containment tests.

NTSB only cares if it goes anywhere else but the exhaust path. I've always be trained that if the blades or other crap go out the exhaust the engine has done its job!

NTSB only cares if it goes anywhere else but the exhaust path. I've always be trained that if the blades or other crap go out the exhaust the engine has done its job!

That’s what I was saying. Exhaust path is fine, which means they’re designed to rain down crap on rubber hose plants, or whatever is below them when they puke stuff out. :)

I forgot. How did I miss that. Nashville.

No wonder the comments are that dumb.

(Shots fired! LOL!)

"It's very concerning that planes are maybe not inspected the way they should be before takeoff."

Typical nonsense from the uninformed public.

Agreed.
Somebody from the informed public should ask this tw*t whether and how she inspects every vehicle she operates before starting it up. I'd be real curious what horse sh*t comes spewing out of her hole. (whichever one)

Do not underestimate the stupidity of the general populace. They will surprise you in large numbers and vote you off the island.

One of those double lane ones? Some franchises do that right and have a camera that takes a photo of each vehicle so the order shows a photo of the car on the cashier’s screen, but others just try to sort out the mess of people merging incorrectly at the window.

Sadly no. Single lane, single window. Don't ask me how. :dunno:

... or when you look in the bag and there's chicken sandwich instead. Go back to the counter and they say "it says chicken sandwich on your receipt". You rang it up wrong, Einstein. I definitely know what I want to eat.

They are the hose supply company. They happen to be an Aeroquip shop.

Figures a pilot would order a plane burger.
You're just trying to confuse the unsuspecting "new American" with the headset. ;)

Figures a pilot would order a plane burger.
You're just trying to confuse the unsuspecting "new American" with the headset. ;)

LOL. Honestly the new Americans around here are doing much more lucrative stuff in the trades. Especially anything to do with construction with our mass influx of all sorts of new and old bodies seemingly never going to stop.

Most of our fast food folk seem like they have prison tatoos and are trying to make a go of it outside of the penal system, or they’re really young. Don’t know why, that’s just what I see.

Some of those prison tats are pretty interesting and extensive. No kidding. I try not to stare because I really don’t want to end up dead, but some prison artists really do interesting work.

I always wonder what drug addiction got the poor dude in the window out into that mess, and what triggered them wanting to get out and stay out. Since it’s usually drugs that get people the longer sentences.

Alcohol, they’ll have you out tomorrow, since it’s the societal approved and taxed drug of choice. Of course, we all see the outcome of that over in the medical forum here, at least for aviators. No bueno. Super expensive. Not worth it.

Agreed.
Somebody from the informed public should ask this tw*t whether and how she inspects every vehicle she operates before starting it up. I'd be real curious what horse sh*t comes spewing out of her hole. (whichever one)

Do not underestimate the stupidity of the general populace. They will surprise you in large numbers and vote you off the island.

If you ever want to see the extent of human stupidity, try doing traffic control...
“Can I get through?”
“No, the road’s closed, as you can see on this sign, me standing here, and may car parked sideways in the road.”
“But I just live over there!”
“Negative. The road’s closed.”
“But this is the only way I know to get home”
“How long have you lived here?”
“25 years.”

If you ever want to see the extent of human stupidity, try doing traffic control...
“Can I get through?”
“No, the road’s closed, as you can see on this sign, me standing here, and may car parked sideways in the road.”
“But I just live over there!”
“Negative. The road’s closed.”
“But this is the only way I know to get home”
“How long have you lived here?”
“25 years.”

Now that there is funny.

I will admit, when a house was on fire in our rural ‘hood and a brand new deputy was trying to tell all of us to go another way out, she had a mild revolt on her hands at a three way intersection that led to the other road out.

What nobody had told her to TELL us was that the gate leading to the ONLY other road out of the neighborhood that had been locked for a decade, because that road led across private property almost two miles back the way everyone exits, had been UNLOCKED by the FD. And she was so new and stuck on traffic duty, she had no idea that it used to be locked, was always locked, and NOBODY in the neighborhood knew the NAME of that road her dispatcher had told her to tell everyone to go to. Hahahaha.

She just kept rattling off a road name and saying we could leave the neighborhood from it. She didn’t know what direction it was, that it was known as the “locked gate road through the ranch”, nothin’. Sheriff and the dispatcher hung her out to dry.

We all eventually just got grumpy enough that she let us out down the side road coming off of that three way. LOL. She knew something was terribly wrong when the sixth person walked up to her politely from the line of waiting cars and had no idea what road name she was rattling off, or where it was. :)

I suppose eventually an older deputy or the dispatcher finally figured out what to tell people. But she was caught and had no options. Poor girl. Nice folks. Nobody disrespectful, but same conversation like six times...

“Are you sure that’s a road in our neighborhood ma’am? It’s not on any map I’ve tried and nobody in this line of cars has ever heard of it. Could you tell us where it is?” Orrrrrr... could we just make a left here and go out that way? The FD is coming from the station up this road ahead here, so we understand why you’ve blocked that one off... they won’t be cooking down this road to the left... we know all the firefighters and that pickup over there is the only volunteer that lives up that direction, and he’s already here...”

LOL LOL LOL. Poor girl. That stupid road isn’t even marked with road signs, and I still don’t remember the name of it. It’s two track dirt and mostly overgrown this time of year. :) :) :)

By the way? Want to know the irony of the fire? Firefighter’s house. Cigarette torched it from an outside planter box while he was sleeping mid-day due to an overnight shift. Suuuuuuucked. The wind blew the fire onto the siding, it went up the side of the house, caught the soffit and roof on fire and then blew through the attic all the way across the house in 30 knot winds. Burnt the place to the ground. Nobody hurt.

Now that there is funny.

I will admit, when a house was on fire in our rural ‘hood and a brand new deputy was trying to tell all of us to go another way out, she had a mild revolt on her hands at a three way intersection that led to the other road out.

What nobody had told her to TELL us was that the gate leading to the ONLY other road out of the neighborhood that had been locked for a decade, because that road led across private property almost two miles back the way everyone exits, had been UNLOCKED by the FD. And she was so new and stuck on traffic duty, she had no idea that it used to be locked, was always locked, and NOBODY in the neighborhood knew the NAME of that road her dispatcher had told her to tell everyone to go to. Hahahaha.

She just kept rattling off a road name and saying we could leave the neighborhood from it. She didn’t know what direction it was, that it was known as the “locked gate road through the ranch”, nothin’. Sheriff and the dispatcher hung her out to dry.

We all eventually just got grumpy enough that she let us out down the side road coming off of that three way. LOL. She knew something was terribly wrong when the sixth person walked up to her politely from the line of waiting cars and had no idea what road name she was rattling off, or where it was. :)

I suppose eventually an older deputy or the dispatcher finally figured out what to tell people. But she was caught and had no options. Poor girl. Nice folks. Nobody disrespectful, but same conversation like six times...

“Are you sure that’s a road in our neighborhood ma’am? It’s not on any map I’ve tried and nobody in this line of cars has ever heard of it. Could you tell us where it is?” Orrrrrr... could we just make a left here and go out that way? The FD is coming from the station up this road ahead here, so we understand why you’ve blocked that one off... they won’t be cooking down this road to the left... we know all the firefighters and that pickup over there is the only volunteer that lives up that direction, and he’s already here...”

LOL LOL LOL. Poor girl. That stupid road isn’t even marked with road signs, and I still don’t remember the name of it. It’s two track dirt and mostly overgrown this time of year. :) :) :)

By the way? Want to know the irony of the fire? Firefighter’s house. Cigarette torched it from an outside planter box while he was sleeping mid-day due to an overnight shift. Suuuuuuucked. The wind blew the fire onto the siding, it went up the side of the house, caught the soffit and roof on fire and then blew through the attic all the way across the house in 30 knot winds. Burnt the place to the ground. Nobody hurt.
Lucky she finally let you through. In some parts, they close it, there is no reasoning, and you're locked down (orlocked up) as the case may be.

Back