DC SFRA Lock Down on the 21st 1000-2100

You might want to revise the subject line if you can, it's not this month but JANUARY 21st that the NOTAM affects.

Same nonsense last time. I bugged out of town early and was watching the inauguration in a bar in Charlotte, NC.

You might want to revise the subject line if you can, it's not this month but JANUARY 21st that the NOTAM affects.

Same nonsense last time. I bugged out of town early and was watching the inauguration in a bar in Charlotte, NC.

I don't know how to change the subject line?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I see you did...I forgot one of the vagaries of VBulletin is you can't fix thread titles exterior to the thread. I keep forgetting what is and isn't admin functions, I am the webmaster for a busier vB site than this one.

Re: DC SFRA Lock Down on the January 21st 1000-1800

:mad2:Hogwash, I tell you! Not that I had a flight planned that day, but if I wanted to, now I can not. At least between 1000 and 1800 Local.

https://www.faasafety.gov/files/notices/2012/Dec/2013_Inuaguration_Advisory.pdf
The only reasons that the Inuaguration isn't held in a secure bunker 300 ft underground are that most politicians like the limelight and they probably wouldn't get re-elected if they hid away all the time. Unfortunately for us, banning GA unnecessarily for hours costs them very few votes.

Is there an actual significant increase in air traffic for the inauguration? Or, is this just added security measures to protect the high profile people who will probably be in town?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

There *IS* significant increase in BizJet GA at IAD (probably other fields) during the innauguration, but the TFR mentioned is for security during the actual ceremony rather than being an air traffic management thing.

Back