Day trip to Annapolis

poadeleted3

Pattern Altitude
We start our vacation in a couple weeks. As part of it we are going to take a day trip to Annapolis. Right now, I'm planning on flying into Lee (ANP), unless there is good reason to use Bay Bridge. We're thinking we will need a rental car, so that is a factor, unless taxi's are relatively cheap and conveniet. We want to check out the town, and get some yummy crabcakes. So far we are planning on visiting the US Naval Academy, and planning on a "pirate" tour of the bay ( http://www.chesapeakepirates.com/ ). Sean just loves pirates, so I think this will be a ton of fun.

For yummy food and a good view of the bay, I was thinking of Buddy's Crabs and Ribs.

Any suggestions for other things we can fit into a day trip, or other places to eat? Looking over the tourism stuff and their website, I figure we'll be back another time, so we don't need to stuff everything into a day.

Lee (ANP) is definitely the better choice if you want to go to downtown Annapolis. I remember taking a cab ride, but it may be about the same cost to get a rental car. I don't remember. Lots of places ot eat right around the harbor. The Naval Academy tour is well worth it.

For the best seafood, go to Cantler's

http://www.cantlers.com/

It's just a bit off of the beaten path, but if you're getting a car..then why not.

Park your car in the parking garage, and you are within walking distance of just about everything - shops, food, the Academy, and the Capitol.

Just remember to be out of Lee before 10, since the airport closes at night.

Joe Williams said:
We start our vacation in a couple weeks. As part of it we are going to take a day trip to Annapolis. Right now, I'm planning on flying into Lee (ANP), unless there is good reason to use Bay Bridge. We're thinking we will need a rental car, so that is a factor, unless taxi's are relatively cheap and conveniet. We want to check out the town, and get some yummy crabcakes. So far we are planning on visiting the US Naval Academy, and planning on a "pirate" tour of the bay ( http://www.chesapeakepirates.com/ ). Sean just loves pirates, so I think this will be a ton of fun.

For yummy food and a good view of the bay, I was thinking of Buddy's Crabs and Ribs.

Any suggestions for other things we can fit into a day trip, or other places to eat? Looking over the tourism stuff and their website, I figure we'll be back another time, so we don't need to stuff everything into a day.

WE just did that, nice town, but a bit of a tourest trap down town.

Attachments

• P1010038.JPG
    P1010038.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 15
  • P1010034.JPG
    P1010034.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 17
  • P1010033.JPG
    P1010033.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 14
  • P1010041.JPG
    P1010041.JPG
    430.5 KB · Views: 15
Nice Pics Tom.

Joe, depending on when you are coming I might be able to meet you/give you a ride into town. I don't live too close to our state capitol, but I love any excuse to visit.

Back