Day one - back again

woodstock

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iTravel
We went up this morning - just pattern work. Didn't do too badly, a little bit of a cross wind which I hadn't had to deal with much due to most of my training last fall and this spring was late evening flying... my first one was predictably not too great but they got better.

I was supposed to fly tonight but there was something coming in so we canned it. I'm set to fly 8 AM tomorrow so we'll see how it goes!

How sad is this:

3 flights in April. 1 in May. 2 in June. One this morning. that is IT for 2006.

Elizabeth:

I would have DTs if I had to wait that long between flights. I sincerely wish and hope you could get more tiime in the air. By the way, what type of plane do you fly and how many hours are you up to?

Scott

Elizabeth -

If you didn't take a vacation every month, you would have all your training done!!

it's not the once a month that's a killer, it's the twice a month! ar ar ar

I'm only going on two vacations before the end of October - once to the house and then out to NM for the big Balloon Fiesta. other than that, I'm actually here!!

I'm up early in the hopes that we are flying this morning...

just called the weather. current: 2.5 miles mist, 500 OVC. not this morning either.

this is yet another reason why I can't frickin' finish this license. whenever I DO sched sched sched my flights, wx gets in the way. sigh.

woodstock said:
How sad is this:

3 flights in April. 1 in May. 2 in June. One this morning. that is IT for 2006.

That's seven more than 99.9% of the people on the planet! :yes:

As for the weather... Do you have any instrument time yet? The first time I ever completely canceled a flight for weather was my PP checkride, before that I'd just go up in the muck with my CFI. It's very valuable experience, even if for nothing else than to a) prove that you really don't want to mess with the stuff, and b) you'll be better able to get out of it if you do somehow run into it because you will have already experienced "the leans."

Maybe you should take a vacation to finish your PP! :yes:

Have fun, hope you get to fly again soon. :)

flyingcheesehead said:
That's seven more than 99.9% of the people on the planet! :yes:

As for the weather... Do you have any instrument time yet? The first time I ever completely canceled a flight for weather was my PP checkride, before that I'd just go up in the muck with my CFI. It's very valuable experience, even if for nothing else than to a) prove that you really don't want to mess with the stuff, and b) you'll be better able to get out of it if you do somehow run into it because you will have already experienced "the leans."

Maybe you should take a vacation to finish your PP! :yes:

Have fun, hope you get to fly again soon. :)

yesterday was as close to IMC as I'd like to get. it was really soupy - but allegedly 4 miles viz. the ceilings were 1600 feet.

woodstock said:
yesterday was as close to IMC as I'd like to get. it was really soupy - but allegedly 4 miles viz. the ceilings were 1600 feet.
No, go up and get some true IMC with your instructor. Just make sure you file! Get your wings wet!

woodstock said:
I'm only going on two vacations before the end of October - once to the house and then out to NM for the big Balloon Fiesta.
We go out to that Albuquerque Balloon Festival every year--usually take the RV8 as it gets us there from DFW in around two and a half hours. And Kirtland used to be "Home of the PJs" back in my days. Still a few of the old gang living around northern New Mexico.

You'll enjoy the balloon festival. Take lots of pictures. Someone once said it's one of the most photographed events in the country.

Regards.

-JD

I was out in ABQ for part of the festival last year. A lot of fun.

Then there was the girl in the hotel bar (well after midnight, and many drinks later) who was supposed to make a 5:30 meet-time to ride in one of the balloons. I don't think I would have done that....

if she did, would make a great story!

I remember being 23 and being able to be up all night for New 'and continue on through New Year's Day. not this chica, not anymore. snoooooooooooooz.

Back