David ClarkH20-10 vs. David Clark X11

igottafly

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
igottafly
I currently own a David Clark H20-10 headset. I have been considering
"upgrading" to the X11. I have owned The H20-10 since '98 with out any problems, except an occasional headache from being heavy. Does anyone have an opinion on the X11? (based on real world use) Is it worth the $800 Sportys is asking?
REAL dumb question, Why are the batteries necessary? I know it has to do with the noise cancelling, just wondering why it NEEDS battery power

Last edited:
You can buy the X11's for $749.00 from Aircraft Spruce and it's free shipping. I bought my son a pair for Christmas and sent them back after he tried them. We have two pairs of Bose and the X11's don't come close to the Bose. Now we have a third pair. For the extra $250, buy the Bose.

We tried the Bose on a flight from Chicago to the Bahamas and back. Nice, but one of them had a habit of dropping the transmission, IIRC. That, or the reception. In either case, if it was the pilot in charge of radios, it made for a difficult issue! We wound up returning them after the trip.

Note that I have no doubt that they would have made it right. OTOH, for $1000 per, I expect them to be right out of the box.

Back