David Clark DC Pro-X Headset Question

pp47021

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Pete
Have any of you been using the new ANR David Clark DC Pro-X Headset? I am interested in buying one but the small ear cups worry me. I have been reading good reviews online but I wanted to see if any of you have first hand experience. I like the light weight small package with bluetooth built in. The price gets my attention as well. Any thoughts…

I use mine in a very noisy Hawker 700 cockpit, and I love it. But, I'm not sure it has enough noise reduction to be used in a piston cockpit. I've even heard that is isn't robust enough for a PC-12.

A friend has two pair and let me try them out. They work great in a Piston Cockpit. He took them on an all day cross country and said they worked great. I am waiting on them to go on sale and I will buy a pair.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input guys I wish some more would have chimed in on this but I don't think many people have them yet. My local pilot shop said I could try a pair for 30 days and exchange them if they don't meet my needs so I will probably give that a try. She said they have only had one pair returned at it was from a guy with a 172, but other no one else has brought them back. I will post the results after I try a pair out...

I've been flying GA (-172 and an Arrow) with mine a few times and like them a lot. My biggest issue with them is that because they don't clamp very tightly (which is a great thing and makes them very comfortable to wear), they tend to slip around on my head unless I wear a hat. For long flights, a ball cap hurts my head, lol.

Just an update I have been using my David Clark DC Pro-X headset for a good while now. I think I have close to 100 hours with them (in PA-28's and C-172's) here are my thoughts. They are not as quiet as the Zulu's and other over the ear ANR's but the difference is negotiable. They are still very very quiet. They are so light you forget they are on your head and much cooler on the ears and on your head in general. This is a major plus for me since I live in south Texas. I have found the sound quality to be very good crisp and clear. The bluetooth works well.
The only major con I have found is battery life. It seems like I am always replacing the batteries. It is suppose to have an auto shut off but I don't think that works on my set. Even when I turn the unit off manually it still seems to need batteries about every 10 hours. They say the batteries last up to 50 hours but I don't see how, I feel good if I get 10 hours out of a single set.
Bottom line they are not perfect but I plan on getting another pair soon. It's generally just me in the plane so I am not in a huge hurry for the second set but as of right now I can't imagine getting anything different. But then again something new will probably come out next week...
I just thought I would update this post for those who are looking at the DCPro-X

Back