Dave T: What Are The Odds...

SCCutler

Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Spike Cutler
...that I fly over your head as you depart FTW, in another zero three victor?

And make smart-assed comments about wood wings (most definitely not serious!)?

===

Good to hear your voice, hope to see you at/near MRF T-giving weekend.

/s/ Spike

I WONDERED WHO THAT WAS!
How did you remember/know it was me?
(and how often can you 'chat' on Regional Approach like that? I was all ready with my Banana bashing comments but thought we p-o the controller!

Dave, as soon as I made my comment, I was regretting and waiting for the phone number... but it had not been terribly busy on frequency, and Regional App usually tend to be pretty chilled.

As for how I knew it was you, (1) Bellanca - not terribly common; (2) Tail number "rang" familiar; (3) Voice; and (4) TW had told me you were in the area.

I had a crowd (including a Houston Rita-refugee family) in the A36, headed for Granbury (GDJ) for supper. Great time, but then...

...headed back to the GDJ airport, I called the ADS ATIS on the phone, a perfectly normal ATIS message, up to the last item: "Notice to airmen: Runway one five- three three closed until further notice." Bein' as how that's the only runway they have there, it presented what I would call a "problem." I worked it out that I would just fly to Love, borrow the crew car from Dalfort, drive to teh house and drop off all the boys and wives for bed, drive to ADS to collect the car, drive back to DAL to drop off the crew car, drive home, drive back to DAL in the morning to fly the airplane back to ADS (while Mikey drives to ADS to collect me).

Luckily, about five miles out from Love, the controller tells someone that ADS just reopened, and I (along with about six other folks on frequency) immediately chimed up for a quick change to ADS. Since over Love is almost an extended final for 33 at ADS, we were back home in no time flat.

Great what you can do with an airplane.

And really cool to be a part of a crowd that, when I hear one of their voices on the radio, it can make me grin.

Hey Spike. I was out socializin down from my hanger last night when a Telisis(sp) flight came in and showed everyone how to perform a gear up landin. It closed the runway for quite sometime as Lucky's from Lancaster was to come up to retrieve the plane and runway debris. Don't know why they did that, but it would be more than a routine gear up to close the runway that long and call a salvage crew from Lancaster.

Anyway, the runway was closed for over three hours. So, we just had to turn our attention to things besides our normal critique of takeoffs, landings and being in awe of some of the planes that use Addison.

So Dave Taylor came near by and didn't call any of us huh!! Well, I'm gonna hold my breathe 'til he apologizes (or promises to buy next time he's out!!):D

Dave

Sorry, we are always in a darned rush with these city trips and leaving in (unjustified) anticipation of Rita made it worse this time. I promise, I promise to allow more visitin time next trip. (I really do better when it isn't 104F, too!)

here are some pics: At Phazar (Meacham fbo) they had a jet apart and walking through the hangar, I had to snap this pic - does it talk to you?

the other ones are climbing out of a strip near Abilene, the sun had just set and it made the gloomy haze below us completely opaque - and the sky above Bee-Yootiful. (yes I know, I am behind in leaning in this shot)

Back