Database update date

CT583

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
CT583
Is there a set date it that you can update a new database for the next cycle?

I finally got an additional card so I don’t have to bring a computer to the hangar monthly, and want to know if there is a set date prior to expiration that I can download a new database.
Thanks

Navigation database updates are available 7 days prior to the effective date of the cycle. See this link.

do u have a garmin somethingorother? 650/750? u can download the next cycle to your card when it's available but I don't think it'll load it into the unit until the new date. I think.

do u have a garmin somethingorother? 650/750? u can download the next cycle to your card when it's available but I don't think it'll load it into the unit until the new date. I think.

I have a 650xi. For some reason I haven’t been able to get two databases at the same time.
So I got an additional card, hopefully I’ll be able to figure this out.

I have a 650xi. For some reason I haven’t been able to get two databases at the same time.
So I got an additional card, hopefully I’ll be able to figure this out.

What do u mean by “get two databases at the same time”?

What do u mean by “get two databases at the same time”?

I was told by an installer that you are able to have the current database and the next available database loaded.
That way when the cycle is complete, the GTN can load the next database without having to take out the card and update manually.

the same installer also tried to sell me a Connext card for $1600 so I’d never have to worry about this again

I was told by an installer that you are able to have the current database and the next available database loaded.
That way when the cycle is complete, the GTN can load the next database without having to take out the card and update manually.

the same installer also tried to sell me a Connext card for $1600 so I’d never have to worry about this again

So you should be able to use the 650 with the current databases loaded while having the next cycle loaded on the card. When the date arrives, the GTN ‘should’ load the next cycle.

So you should be able to use the 650 with the current databases loaded while having the next cycle loaded on the card. When the date arrives, the GTN ‘should’ load the next cycle.

That’s the part that is escaping me. The one time I tried to let it get to expiration, it did not have the next one available.
From that point on a carry a Card Reader in my flight bag.

That’s the part that is escaping me. The one time I tried to let it get to expiration, it did not have the next one available.
From that point on a carry a Card Reader in my flight bag.

is your plane in a hangar? I was having an issue loading the next cycle this past time, garmin said pull the plane out of the hangar so it gets a good GPS signal and blam-o, it worked like a charm. I was skeptical, but it worked. also, I think you can hold in the small button while powering up the 650 and that will force the databases to load. or it should, anyways.

yes, the plane is in the hangar. I will have to try this

yes, the plane is in the hangar. I will have to try this

Yeah, the GTNs get their time and dates from the satellites then compare it to the databases. They won’t update the databases if the time/date are not correct…

Back