DARPA's amazing robotic pack mule

I was struck by how much this resembles a cat, the way the lower leg will flex and become a long "foot" if needed.

Increase the size a hundred fold and you can use it in a movie that came out about 30 years ago.

It really reminds me of two people who are both wearing the hind end of a horse costume... :rofl:

But it's a remarkable bit of engineering. Only a matter of time before we see a weapon system on something like that.
Only trouble with it for military use is that noisy engine... not ideal for patrol, that's for sure.

they say in there that they'll be going electric with the power. And my wife said the same thing - looks like two people, facing each other. :)

Can you imagine being out in the woods... say camped near the lake after a hard day's fishing. And this thing strolls by. Freak out or what! :hairraise:

-Skip

Can you imagine being out in the woods... say camped near the lake after a hard day's fishing. And this thing strolls by.Freak out or what! :hairraise: -Skip
Put a big ol' spider suit on that thing and you could use it to haul my freshly scared-to-death carcass right out of those woods. :eek:

(and yeah, I know about leg numbers... I'm just sayin', is all...)

Wow, that's very lifelike. It's "natural" response on ice shows how real-time the sensors, computations, and reactions are.

The company has several very cool robots. One that will climb a vertical wall like some mechanical gecko. I'll bet it's a fun place to work!

Boston Dynamics

Back