Dare to Dream at FXE

asgcpa

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
CPA
Has anyone heard of them or trained with them? Taking a vacation to Ft Lauderdale and will be doing a Cirrus transition.

Thanks in advance

I took up a Diamond DA-40 with them early last fall. They're very professional, very nice, based in the Banyan FBO facility. I just decided that they were probably a little too expensive for my wallet. Two hours in the Diamond (with an instructor) was a little over $600. Cirrus would have been more. FXE is pretty busy with lots of turbine traffic and many "confused" student pilots. Listen to the tower on liveatc.net for a taste.

FXE ground can be some of the most entertaining radio to listen to. Controllers are just a little less lost than the hoards of foreigners. Its funny until its costing you gas while they screw around.

Banyan is an awesome FBO with an impressive pilot shop and quality maintenance. I'd be torn on whether or not to do training there.

Oh, and that Jet Cafe next to Banyan serves really good food. I recommend the French Dip.

Last edited:
FXE ground can be some of the most entertaining radio to listen to. Controllers are just a little less lost than the hoards of foreigners. Its funny until its costing you gas while they screw around.

I got some good laughs (would've been more if it weren't so sad) listening to the ground/tower at FXE, to the point that I kept tower dialed in as far as I could returning to VDF.

I have good experiences with Banyan and also bad. Don't be looking for anything on the,low side of the spectrum. Prices are high,but your in ft.lauderdale.

The control tower is also a training tower, so you get student controllers and student pilots. It can be very entertaining!

DTD rents late model airplanes so you get what you pay for. The oldest plane is a 2005 Cirrus, everything else is 2008 and newer DA40, SR20, or SR22. You can rent a worn out 40 year old spam can on the field for $85 an hour, but why would you want to?

The control tower is also a training tower, so you get student controllers and student pilots. It can be very entertaining!

DTD rents late model airplanes so you get what you pay for. The oldest plane is a 2005 Cirrus, everything else is 2008 and newer DA40, SR20, or SR22. You can rent a worn out 40 year old spam can on the field for $85 an hour, but why would you want to?

Where do rent anything on FXE for $85? Cheapest plane I found is $112., I do get a Seminole for $230, but it's plain Jane and he doesn't let it go to the Bahamas.:(

Back