Daniel Bernath News

Seriously though, It would be in the best interest of the LSA community to add a little chlorine to their pilot pool, self regulate and get this idiot out of the air.

As if we in the "LSA community" have any power to get idiots out of the air? :rolleyes:

This guy has been shamed on every internet forum he's been on, including all of the SP/LSA ones. What "self regulation" do you suggest, a blanket party?

It's not like there is a shortage of idiot pilots with PP, Commercial, CFI, or even ATP ratings. We just have our share too, and they are more entertaining than yours. :D

As if we in the "LSA community" have any power to get idiots out of the air? :rolleyes:

This guy has been shamed on every internet forum he's been on, including all of the SP/LSA ones. What "self regulation" do you suggest, a blanket party?

It's not like there is a shortage of idiot pilots with PP, Commercial, CFI, or even ATP ratings. We just have our share too, and they are more entertaining than yours. :D

Out of curiosity, does the FAA have the power to deny his use of a DL medical? I guess they could issue a revocation of his SP cert.

He's said in court filings that he takes meds for crippling pain, and in his latest missif, claims both to be suicidal, and to have in the past taken meds to control same.

There's no doubt that DB's antics are being watched by the FAA. His incident at Tallahassee most certainly was noted by the FAA. Nearly all of the accidents from his same time-frame (Sept 2013) have been finished. His "simple" incident is still hanging out there, likely delayed by all the exposure he's brought on himself. 'Can't wait for the report.

:confused: Why do y'all think the FAA give a flying **** about this guy? Eventually he'll get himself killed, and the sooner the better for everyone.

Well when his lawyer gig ends he'd make a great fiction writer.

He has a picture of him floating around which has a photoshop of his head (fairly recent) on another persons uniformed body and the rating modified to read "PHC DANEIEL H BERNATH, USN (HON)"

The problem is he was only a PH2. I guess the "(HON)" reflects the fact that the rate he's claiming comes from some photo club, not the Navy itself.

The other trouble with the photoshopped picture is it shows far more service stripes on the sleeve than his little under four years in the service. Also way more medals than shows on his FOIA-obtained service record. The picture shows a Good Conduct Medal, A Navy Expeditionary Medal, and a Vietnam Campaign Medal that he was never issued (unless the photo club hands them out with their phony CPOs). In his defense, the Vietnam Serivce, National Defense, and the Korean Defense medals he does have.

Stolen Valor.

Last edited:
Daniel-Bernath-203x300.png

dan2004sm.jpg

:confused: Why do y'all think the FAA give a flying **** about this guy? Eventually he'll get himself killed, and the sooner the better for everyone.

They don't. But the LSA community should. Because anything "one of their own" says or does will be used against them when needed. I'm no fan of medicals, but this guy is a living berating billboard in support of requiring them. If the LSA community can self regulate this guy out before physics does, they'll be doing themselves a favor.

Blanket party works.

I don't think there's many with a medical exhibiting the behavior the star of this thread does. If half of what he says is true, PTSD, suicidal, can't walk, medications etc.... He has several reason to know he would be denied a medical, I'm tempted to tattle myself.

Blanket party works.

I don't think there's many with a medical exhibiting the behavior the star of this thread does. If half of what he says is true, PTSD, suicidal, can't walk, medications etc.... He has several reason to know he would be denied a medical, I'm tempted to tattle myself.

Oh, come now. I seem to remember the case of the helicopter pilot who crashed high on coke while getting a BJ...

There are bad actors all over aviation. This doesn't reflect poorly on other SPs any more than that helicopter pilot reflects poorly on heli pilots.

What he DOES do, IMO, is reflect badly on all aviators. I think we should all try to drum out folks that are this blatant in disregard of rules and general safety. As I mentioned, he's been shamed everywhere he posts...but shame does not work on the shameless. :crazy:

They don't. But the LSA community should. Because anything "one of their own" says or does will be used against them when needed. I'm no fan of medicals, but this guy is a living berating billboard in support of requiring them. If the LSA community can self regulate this guy out before physics does, they'll be doing themselves a favor.

What makes you think he can't get a medical? I know crazier ****ers than him with a second class.

http://www.ntsb.gov/_layouts/ntsb.aviation/brief2.aspx?ev_id=20130903X23635&ntsbno=WPR13LA396&akey=1

The airplane then struck soft dirt, and according to the pilot, it did not crash, but encountered an, "Off runway landing." He stated that the airplane did not have any mechanical problems, and that it ran out of fuel. He further reported that he was renting the airplane, that it was owned by "World Adventure Series," and that the purpose of the flight was to transport a dog to its new owner in California. In a subsequent correspondence with the NTSB investigator-in-charge (IIC) he listed himself as the airplane's owner.

Subsequent examination revealed that the airplane had sustained substantial damage to the firewall, forward cabin structure, and lower right fuselage

The pilot did not submit a Pilot/Operator Aircraft Accident Report (NTSB Form 6120.1), or respond to multiple requests from the IIC for a phone interview.

In a subsequent correspondence, the pilot's attorney stated that during the flight the pilot encountered strong westerly headwinds, and was having trouble with bright sun in his eyes, and as a result he experienced difficulty reading the instruments, especially the fuel gauge.

The NTSB IIC requested via email that the pilot answer a series of questions further explaining the accident circumstances. His attorney responded, stating that the pilot had elected to deny the request, asking instead to refer to the circumstances described in the complaint the pilot had filed for damages against Flight Design USA, et al, in the U.S. District Court.

Is there a box to check on the Form 6120.1 that sez 'Pilot is a complete idiot'?

It would save some time.

:D :D

Don't know what to make if that NTSB report. It appears they don't like the fuel system on the CTSW but yet they also cite 91.151 and how he flew past several airfields that had gas. :dunno:

I think the NTSB was very kind in their wording of the report.

Is that the flight where he said he pulled out his pocket knife to kill the dog?

Maybe not, I think that flight ended successfully.

Or is this that flight where he took off with essentially no fuel and crashed?

I lose track if his episodes.

Don't know what to make if that NTSB report. It appears they don't like the fuel system on the CTSW but yet they also cite 91.151 and how he flew past several airfields that had gas. :dunno:
They might not like it but the probable cause they assigned is pretty clear, and they didn't assign a contributory to the design, only to documentation of the fuel system:

"The pilot's inadequate preflight fuel planning and poor decision-making, which resulted in fuel exhaustion and the subsequent loss of engine power. Contributing to the accident was the lack of documentation describing the limitations of the airplane’s fuel system." (emphasis added)

Nauga,
and his RAC 1A

Is there a box to check on the Form 6120.1 that sez 'Pilot is a complete idiot'?

There are some 6120s where pilots with insight simply wrote 'I screwed this up, no other factors'.

http://apps.statebarcourt.ca.gov/calendar/detailview.aspx?y=15&id=12540

The problem is, as I see it, California seems to let attorney offenders voluntarily go inactive, so as to not face any real disipline. Look at his record: active, inactive, active, inactive... and so on.

Most if not all of the times he went "inactive" was likely owing to his failure to pay bar dues (about $500) that came due every February.

The state bar's power is limited to taking away an attorney's license to practice law, so voluntarily resigning pretty much puts it to bed.

Doesn't Zoom have a valid medical?

Back