Dallas Executive (KRBD) Auto Rental

DrewG

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
DrewG
I've seen and been part of some threads recommending Ambassador Jet Center at RBD, noting they can handle car rentals for you. As I'm planning an overnight stay there next month, is it better (financially or otherwise) to ask the FBO to handle auto rental, or should I just contact a rental company and see if they can have a car there for me?

I would Uber, if we weren't attending a concert that night. I'd rather not mess with finding an Uber after that, as I had a nightmarish experience doing so on a previous visit.

Many FBO's have a few rental cars already on site, and the CSR for the FBO can act as the rental agent for that rental car company.

My suggestion is to call Ambassador, tell them when you are arriving, and what services you need for the plane, and that you need to rent a car.

Frequently, when I've needed a vehicle, it was parked on the ramp near where they marshalled me, making it easy to transfer luggage and be on my way.

PS. If you're hungry, the food at Delta Charlies (connected to the terminal) is really good.

I had a marginal uber experience after a concert in Irvine,ca so I know where you're coming from.

Where's your concert?. If it's at the American center I'd uber and just walk out to a bar to wait for an uber. That place in grand praire not so much

Having a rental car is more effort than it's worth much of the time.

Where's your concert?. If it's at the American center I'd uber and just walk out to a bar to wait for an uber. That place in grand praire not so much

Having a rental car is more effort than it's worth much of the time.

Concert is at the {Insert company name here} Pavilion at the Fair Park. I managed to Uber once for a concert at the American Airlines Center with no hassle, but the last time I did it for a concert at the Pavilion, it was a nightmare.

My suggestion is to call Ambassador, tell them when you are arriving, and what services you need for the plane, and that you need to rent a car.

Thank you for the tip! I'll do so.

Back