Dallas Area: Rowlett/Rockwall CFI

kcsharp00

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
kcsharp00
Greetings all:

Father in law bought a 172 and started flight lessons. Finally went up with him (and his CFI) and instantly caught the bug. Problem is they are 5 hrs away.

Looking for any info on CFI's/flight schools near my area of Rowlett/Rockwall or more specifically if anyone has any opinions about them. Would prefer to stay as close as I can. My availability isn't the best. Currently a dental student so its 8-5 days for the most part with seasonal weeks off at a time. Would like to start ground school now on my own via king, etc. since daylight isn't on my side during this time of the year and try and start flying when the days get a little longer. I could start now but would be limited to weekends only obviously.

Anyone know/have info other than what I can google?? Thanks

KS

I have landed at the Rockwall airport a couple times and see some flyers for flight instruction. That is the best info I can offer. I have only been there a couple times just to pick up and drop off some pax.

If you're willing to drive a bit to save some money, Majors Flying Club in Greenville could be an option. It's about a 40-minute drive from Rockwall.

http://majorsflyingclub.org/?q=airplanes

I'm a club member and fly the Archer pretty frequently. It was just $85/hour wet on last month's bill (the price floats a bit depending on the local fuel prices). The Cessna 150 was $59/hour wet.

If weekends are your only available time, renting could be difficult. That's when rental planes are in the highest demand. If you've got the funds, it might be a good idea to buy your own plane to train in on the weekends.

The Cessna 150 was $59/hour wet.

DANG! That would significantly cut down the price of your training.
I drove an hour each way to pay $140/ hour (w/ CFI) to learn.

I think I would consider this option.

Greetings all:

Father in law bought a 172 and started flight lessons. Finally went up with him (and his CFI) and instantly caught the bug. Problem is they are 5 hrs away.

Looking for any info on CFI's/flight schools near my area of Rowlett/Rockwall or more specifically if anyone has any opinions about them. Would prefer to stay as close as I can. My availability isn't the best. Currently a dental student so its 8-5 days for the most part with seasonal weeks off at a time. Would like to start ground school now on my own via king, etc. since daylight isn't on my side during this time of the year and try and start flying when the days get a little longer. I could start now but would be limited to weekends only obviously.

Anyone know/have info other than what I can google?? Thanks

KS

respectfully your availability pretty much, right now, restricts(IMHO) the frequency of flying lessons needed on a weekly basis to really benefit from the actual lessons

that said,I started my ground school before I started my actual lessons

2 ground online ground schools I suggest:

www. americanflyers.com

http://www.faa-ground-school.com/ aka Gold Seal

I personally used both. they and a third source helped me pass my FAA Written last week for the PPL

Back