Cancelled: Dallas Area Fly/Drive out - March 25th - T67

Ravioli

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
Unwanted Guest - Perma-ban Pending
I proposed a meetup in a previous thread and I meant it!

Hicks Airfield - March 25th - 11AM at The Beacon.

Come have some Pineapple Upside Down Pancakes (@Ravioli's co-pilot recommends w/o sugar cubes)

If your driving in and so inclined there will be Mimosas, Screwdrivers, and Bloody Marys at Candyland (My Hangar) from 10AM and afterwards till close.

IN!! Should we bring any additional snacks/drinks for the hangar hangout?

Which is your hangar?

And for those that have yet to try one... ask the Chef for Pineapple Upside Down Pancakes or the Banana's Foster Pancakes.... Super Yum!!!!

Been thinking of one day buying a copy of bean bag toss game shown in the thumbnail for events such as Rob's hangar hangout...

But maybe what I should do is to make my own, and instead of professional team colors or a football theme, make it look like a runway with approach lights toward the bottom, runway threshhold 1/3 the way up, and captain's bars and PAPI flanking the hole.

Then for the beanbags, use the logos for Cessna, Beech, Mooney, and Piper. That way if someone want's to settle the argument of which manufacturer builds a better aircraft....

TGT005[1].jpg

Wife is working bit me and the kids will come

So many fly-in's, all on the same day. Spring is in the air!
I'll most likely be at a Grumman one in Conroe.

Not going to touch the potential marital strife of 6PC. Nope, not going there.

Well crap. I'll be doing a campout with my sons' Boy Scout troop at Bourland that day.

We'll be at the FBO all day getting them some Young Eagles flights, and working on their Aviation Merit Badges. But, if after you fill up on great food and conversation, anyone wants to head down to 50F and show off you planes to some great kiddos and get some cheap gas, we'd love to meet you! Hoping they get to see as many different kinds of planes as possible!

I think it's best we pick another date so more people can join us. :(

I think it's best we pick another date so more people can join us. :(
If you wait until more people can attend, you'll never have a flyin. No reason not to have another at a future date. In Colorado it's not unusual to have a flyin somewhere almost every weekend May to September, and often 2-4 events the same day!

Awwww. I was lookin forward to it.

Well, hate to say I am glad for it. But here's to hoping I can make the new date!

Everyone should bring their cool planes to 50F to get cheap fuel (was $3.60 something when I was last there) and show it off to some kiddos. Bonus points if it has a red handle and I can explain BRS to them as well!

Back