Daley's new $2.1m police helicopter.

wbarnhill

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iEXTERMINATE
(Note: Didn't think anyone would argue about Daley, so I'm posting in HT. If it needs to go SZ, please move it and accept my apologies. Thanks!)

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/410147,CST-NWS-heli01.article

060107heli.jpg_20070531_22_39_04_1004-282-400.imageContent

I guess it's just another 2.1 million dollar addition to prevent those terrorists from using General Aviation aircraft to destroy downtown Chicago, right?

What a Piker! I would have gone for a 407, not a LongRanger :yes:

Would someone please tell him that, and when he gets his 407, that he should give the 206 to a deserving KOQN helicopter pilot :D

Aircraft Description

Serial Number 52047 Type Registration Government
Manufacturer Name BELL Certificate Issue Date 04/28/2003
Model 206-L4 Status Valid
Type Aircraft Rotorcraft Type Engine Turbo-Shaft
Pending Number Change None Dealer No
Date Change Authorized None Mode S Code 53116237
MFR Year 1993 Fractional Owner NO

Registered Owner

Name CITY OF CHICAGO
Street 3954 E FOREMAN DR
City CHICAGO State ILLINOIS Zip Code 60617-6551
County COOK
Country UNITED STATES

I guess it's just another 2.1 million dollar addition to prevent those terrorists from using General Aviation aircraft to destroy downtown Chicago, right?

Hmm...so now he is using a GA aircraft to keep other GA aircraft out of downtown so he can destroy it? I'm so confused. :dunno:

What a Piker! I would have gone for a 407, not a LongRanger :yes:

Would someone please tell him that, and when he gets his 407, that he should give the 206 to a deserving KOQN helicopter pilot :D

Aircraft Description

Serial Number 52047 Type Registration Government
Manufacturer Name BELL Certificate Issue Date 04/28/2003
Model 206-L4 Status Valid
Type Aircraft Rotorcraft Type Engine Turbo-Shaft
Pending Number Change None Dealer No
Date Change Authorized None Mode S Code 53116237
MFR Year 1993 Fractional Owner NO

Registered Owner

Name CITY OF CHICAGO
Street 3954 E FOREMAN DR
City CHICAGO State ILLINOIS Zip Code 60617-6551
County COOK
Country UNITED STATES

An EC 135 would have been much nicer.

Well, it's the only way they can land at Meigs now.....

Ah yes, I remember the headline well. "Terrorists strike at Chicago Airport".

"In a pre-dawn raid, terrorists with heavy equipment attacked and tore up the runway at Chicago's infamous Meigs field. The leader of the terrorists, Chicago Mayor Richard "Dick" Daley, stated....."

:mad::(

Those things cost that much? wow.

They used the helicopter to find a guy hiding in the weeds in a suburban town. Chicago has the original copter, too.

Only we will remember why they had to build a new heliport right next to a former airport. I wonder if Boeing gets to use that helipad as their payoff for keeping their mouths shut on Meigs, as was part of the deal when they came to Chicago.

Hey, Homeland Security had money to be had. They didn't pay for the bulldozers so Chicago had to spend the money somewhere.

I always like how cities and states act like federal money comes from somewhere else besides taxpayers. All that happens when it passes through Washington is more than half disappears.

They could have had a new one for 2.1 Mil. They paid too much.

They used the helicopter to find a guy hiding in the weeds in a suburban town. Chicago has the original copter, too.

Well, according to some folks, this is the only way the police should be allowed to catch speeding crotch rockets.

/rant off.

Back