"Dagger Four on Station"?

McxMike

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
McxMike
I heard the phrase "Dagger 4 on Station" reported to ATC over Wisconsin.
I've never heard "on station" used before & I was wondering if there might be some kind of surveilance happening. Is anyone familiar with that phrase and what its all about? Mike

"On Station" is primarily used by helicopters when they'll be operating in a hover or over a certain area. It could be used in surveillance, police operations, news gathering, aerial photography, or any other activity that would keep an aircraft over a certain point on the ground. I don't know what unit or aircraft type "Dagger" refers to, though.

I heard the phrase "Dagger 4 on Station" reported to ATC over Wisconsin.
I've never heard "on station" used before & I was wondering if there might be some kind of surveilance happening. Is anyone familiar with that phrase and what its all about? Mike

DAGGR is an RC-26B, the ANG operates them for drug interdiction.

Thanks for information. I thought it might be some military op cause they have some F16's operate out of Milwaukee nand A10's out of Volk AFB. Mike

Thanks for information. I thought it might be some military op cause they have some F16's operate out of Milwaukee nand A10's out of Volk AFB. Mike

Volk Field has no based aircraft. The 115th FW has operated F-16s at Truax Field in Madison for about twenty yeras now, they operated A-10s previously. The 128th ARW has operated KC-135s at Mitchell Field in Milwaukee since the late '70s, they operated KC-97s previously.

Volk Field has no based aircraft. The 115th FW has operated F-16s at Truax Field in Madison for about twenty yeras now, they operated A-10s previously. The 128th ARW has operated KC-135s at Mitchell Field in Milwaukee since the late '70s, they operated KC-97s previously.

Thanks for the corrections.... Mike

DAGGR is an RC-26B, the ANG operates them for drug interdiction.

In Wisconsin? Who are they interdicting? The dreaded Illinoisians? :rolleyes:

Down here in Texas, we have an amazing fleet of drug (and illegal alien) interdiction aircraft. Everything from P-3 Orions to Predator UAVs. They are even paying an old retired DEA dude to fly his Twin Beech along the border...

I have watched the war against drugs from day one...
We lost the war in the Prohibition of alcohol - and created family fortunes from that, Kennedy's and others - and had to surrender to reality...
We apparently did not learn the lesson however and we keep insisting that prohibition of drugs is the only answer... <sigh - doing the same thing over and expecting a different outcome>
As a result we have a war on our Southern border that has spread to our Northern border, and into our cities, that is not winnable because the other side has more money for the war than we do... And we are creating billionaires from this war and those families will be the government officials and politicians of the next generation...

denny-o

I have watched the war against drugs from day one...
We lost the war in the Prohibition of alcohol - and created family fortunes from that, Kennedy's and others - and had to surrender to reality...
We apparently did not learn the lesson however and we keep insisting that prohibition of drugs is the only answer... <sigh - doing the same thing over and expecting a different outcome>
As a result we have a war on our Southern border that has spread to our Northern border, and into our cities, that is not winnable because the other side has more money for the war than we do... And we are creating billionaires from this war and those families will be the government officials and politicians of the next generation...

Alcohol prohibition required an amendment to the Constitution which gave the government the authority to prohibit the manufacture, sale, or transport of intoxicating liquors. Where is the Constitutional authority for the war on drugs?

Alcohol prohibition required an amendment to the Constitution which gave the government the authority to prohibit the manufacture, sale, or transport of intoxicating liquors. Where is the Constitutional authority for the war on drugs?
Very well said!

In Wisconsin, the term "Dagger" refers to Wayne Laravee, radio play by play man for the Packers when the game is put away by the latest Packer score.

"And THERE is your DAGGER!!!!" :thumbsup:

It's still taxed and regulated. Where's their Constitutional authority for that? Probably the same authority that allows the government to regulate dangerous drugs.

It's still taxed and regulated. Where's their Constitutional authority for that? Probably the same authority that allows the government to regulate dangerous drugs.

The 21st amendment gave that power to the states when it comes to alcohol, was part of the deal to get it done. Not sure what ATFs authority for the 'A' part is based on.

The DEAs authority to regulate CDS is afaik based on the now almost boundless misinterpretation of the commerce clause.

The 21st amendment gave that power to the states when it comes to alcohol, was part of the deal to get it done. Not sure what ATFs authority for the 'A' part is based on.

The DEAs authority to regulate CDS is afaik based on the now almost boundless misinterpretation of the commerce clause.

Best shirt relating to that says,

Alcohol
Tobacco
Firearms

Who is bringing the chips?

One more example of a government agency we don't need.

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives...

That should be a store, not a government agency. :)

It's still taxed and regulated. Where's their Constitutional authority for that?

Constitutional authority to tax alcohol is found in Article 1, Section 8:

"The Congress shall have power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common defence and general welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;"

Probably the same authority that allows the government to regulate dangerous drugs.

Nope.

It's called I94. Do they watch cars from a turboprop?

The aircraft has been shown at AirVenture. Based on the information provided about its surveillance capabilities it appears it's used in drug interdiction for hunting marijuana growers.

Last edited:
Back