CVX to 6Y8

ApacheBob

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
ApacheBob
After a few notes on the POA web site, we are going to try Welke Airport (6Y8). I understand that it has tall trees on all sides. As if being surrounded by Lake Michigan wasn't enough! Beaver Island does not have too many mosquitos because of the dry weather this year.
Last Chance for the steak fry at 6 pm on July 15. We will be cooking at the Harbormaster's office at Saint James Harbor.
Gladwin is too far east. I wish I could afford the extra Av Gas.
But we will be stopping at Charlevoix, CVX, on Sunday morning at 1000 to pick up the steaks.
Reply to this thread if you are coming and you want a steak.:blueplane:
ApacheBob

Hey Bob, come by 9D9 for pancakes that morning - 100LL $3.70 - and then head up.

I'm thinking I might be needing to put my name on that list.

After a few notes on the POA web site, we are going to try Welke Airport (6Y8). I understand that it has tall trees on all sides. As if being surrounded by Lake Michigan wasn't enough!
Gladwin is too far east. I wish I could afford the extra Av Gas.
But we will be stopping at Charlevoix, CVX, on Sunday morning at 1000 to pick up the steaks.:blueplane:
ApacheBob

Welke Field really isn't that bad. The approach from the east (27) is over the water and pretty clear. You might get some turbulence passing over the shore if it is windy. The approach from the north to the grass strip is open also. Island Air flies larger planes to and from Welke to Charlevoix and have no problem getting in/out in lots of different weather. I think they use a Twin, not sure what kind.

Gladwin has pancakes Saturday and Sunday AM also and gas is $3.50.

If I can make it, it would have to be a last minute decision so don't count on me. If I can make it, I can just bring along a steak and use your fire.:cheerswine:

Barb

I wish I could swing East. Maybe I will. That will also be a last-minute decision.
It has been a very long time since I flew into Hastings. I wish I could come.
:blueplane:
ApacheBob

Back