CSC DUATS

Scott@KTYR

Pattern Altitude
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Scott@KTYR
DTC DUAT has an APP for my smart phone,

I wonder why CSC DUATS does not have an APP?

They are definitely behind the times -- I think it's CSC DUATS that publishes those full-page "wall of text" ads in one of the pilot magazines advocating their "mobile app" which is really just their website.

But really, I have found that I never use DUATS directly anymore. Foreflight will file (through DUATS if I wish, or directly with LM AFSS) and they'll give me an official briefing through my DUATS account. For weather information beyond the official briefing there are certainly a million other resources that are better IMO than what DUATS provides on their website, so even if they had an app I doubt I'd ever use it.

What would you like specifically from CSC in an app?

They are definitely behind the times -- I think it's CSC DUATS that publishes those full-page "wall of text" ads in one of the pilot magazines advocating their "mobile app" which is really just their website.

But really, I have found that I never use DUATS directly anymore. Foreflight will file (through DUATS if I wish, or directly with LM AFSS) and they'll give me an official briefing through my DUATS account. For weather information beyond the official briefing there are certainly a million other resources that are better IMO than what DUATS provides on their website, so even if they had an app I doubt I'd ever use it.

What would you like specifically from CSC in an app?

I do not have Foreflight yet. I will switch in Dec. when my current subscription to another service runs out.

I have been using DUATS website for a year and I like their layout and weather briefing. Would hope the APP would stream line the process.

DTC DUAT has an APP for my smart phone,

I wonder why CSC DUATS does not have an APP?

Fltplan has a app and fltplan uses your CSC login info for filing VFR etc.

I use the DTC DUAT app some, since I am not using fore flight or something similar.

Have one complaint and a feature request for it.

Complaint, It doesn't display UTC/Zulu time anywhere (unlike the web page) meaning I usually have to exit the APP and look up the current time .

Feature request about 95% of the time I just want to get a local briefing for about 25 miles of the airport (usually only need Notam and TFR's) would be nice if it had a button for get a briefing for current location (or with 25 miles of) at current time. True I can store a Briefing but have to update the time each time, See Complaint above.

Do any of the other Apps (foreflight, etc) have features like this?

Brian

Back