Crete, NE - Sat., Oct 18?

CJones

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
uHaveNoIdea
Curious if anyone has the skinny on the Crete, NE (KCEK) flyin this Saturday? Was planning on going to San Antonio this weekend, but the RV was hijacked to Orlando. :( Wife and I have the weekend off, so we might be up for taking a shorter hop for something new.

Anything interesting going on at Crete? Times?

Yours truly helps out at the breakfast! :hairraise: We have great food, and great people. Omelets made to order, pancakes, scrambled eggs, sausage, coffee, OJ :cheerswine: (the unconvicted kind :rofl:)

Plenty of hanger flying, good conversation, several planes to look at, ect. RogerT (of POA fame) usually makes an appearance.

A donation of $4 (or more :dunno:) is appreciated. Proceeds go to EAA Summer camp for kids & other youth aviation programs.

Hours 8:00 - 10:00 AM 3rd Saturday of every month! Rain or shine! Flyin or drive in!

We would be honored to have any and all of you stop on by and say hi. I'm the good looking one. :yes: :redface:

:lightning:FYI the 13/31 grass runway is closed due to construction of a parallel taxi way for 17/35. Construction equipment in the area.

Last edited:
I've been there before. I didn't really know anyone but they seemed like a good group. I was planning on flying to Ames / Des Moines this weekend but it appears that the local rental plane is still down (has been since the day I passed my IR). I really need to figure out a way to buy one :)

If I'm around this weekend I could meet you there..but I probably won't be.

I've been there before. I didn't really know anyone but they seemed like a good group. I was planning on flying to Ames / Des Moines this weekend but it appears that the local rental plane is still down (has been since the day I passed my IR). I really need to figure out a way to buy one :)

If I'm around this weekend I could meet you there..but I probably won't be.

Ask your boss for a raise!:)

What time is the fly-in? I may make it my mission for the weekend if Jesse doesn't grab the plane first.

8:00 - 10:00 AM

It is easy to remember the dates. It's the 3rd Sat of every month year round.

Come on over!

Checked my calender- can't make it this month.

That is the fun part, mark it down every month. The 3rd Sat of every month we are there. If we get a nice 50 degree day in Januray or whenever come on over.

Oh yea! The 1st Saturday of every month York, NE (KJYR) has a breakfast. Thats twice a month for a great EAA flyin breakfast in NE. Come on over!

http://www.airnav.com/airport/KJYR

Last edited:
That is the fun part, mark it down every month. The 3rd Sat of every month we are there. If we get a nice 50 degree day in Januray or whenever come on over.

Oh yea! The 1st Saturday of every month York, NE (KJYR) has a breakfast. Thats twice a month for a great EAA flyin breakfast in NE. Come on over!

Does the York breakfast actually happen every month as well?

BUMP!

Weather forcast is perfect for a flyin breakfast! Come on over and introduce yourself!

Sorry we didn't make it over. We decided to go visit my parents for the weekend, and weather was fairly crummy here in AMW early Sat. AM. I'll keep it in mind if the club is looking for somewhere to go in the future, though!

BUMP!

Weather forcast is perfect for a flyin breakfast! Come on over and introduce yourself!

Y'all got some odd ideas for perfect weather for a flyin breakfast- are you guys all IFR or something?:)

I'm pretty sure you had the same fog Lincoln did...

Back